Monday, July 8, 2013

That One Time I Did Really Well at Something...and then Didn't.

I was just thinking the other day how I haven't been on a date with Andrew lately. Not a planned ahead date and that's what really makes the distinction in my mind. There have been a lot of road blocks thrown up that prevented that date, one of those happens to go by the name of "Baby Powell" (at least for right now) but if I really ever want to respect myself, I can't use that a real excuse right now. Maybe a few months down the road, but not now that I don't need a babysitter. =P

I'm trying to think of the last real date we went on. I think it was Thanksgiving Point back in June which admittedly is not that long ago. And it was really fun! But before that I can't honestly remember the last one before that. It could also be my lack of blogging, which has been the only way I keep up on life, that causes me to disremember what I've done recently.
I came across my journal the other night and the last time I wrote? June, 2012. What was that entry about? My wedding, because the last time I wrote in that journal was BEFORE my wedding. In 2010. So I guess in reality this post should be titled "Those many times when Jessica was good at something...and then wasn't."

*sigh*

But I didn't really want to write a pity story, even though this is turning into one. There are plenty of reasons that I haven't gone on a real date with Andrew lately-pregnancy, finals, no moneys, no A/C induced lethargy, etc. But they really are just excuses. Especially since I'm well into the second trimester and not tired anymore (the other reasons still apply...except finals, thank goodness).

No, in reality I just realized I haven't done something that is actually really important to me and so like a responsible adult, I'm writing my goals down and recommitting to them. If I don't post about a date once a week, however boring and lame, please feel free to call me out on facebook. Ok, make that 3 times a month...sometimes even our best laid plans go to puddles of goo and so I think I'm allowed at least 1 freebie a month.

Here's to re-commitment to one's goals.

2 comments:

  1. I decided that my blog is my method of journal writing. Otherwise I just get too disappointed when I go to look at my physical one.
    Please share your dates! I'd especially love to hear about any cheap/free ideas ;) Our date this morning was supposed to be one to plan such date ideas but it quickly turned into a nap... Yay for pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my blog is the only reason I don't feel AWFUL about my personal one because I haven't actually "lost" all that time I haven't been writing.

    I will try to share my dates. I really need to get better at it, for the couple of months I was doing it regularly it was great! If you do anything you should share too, I feel like dates are the only thing I can't really get off pinterest very easily.

    I have a list of ideas I already made. Most of them are very Utah Valley specific and many were clearly designed for people that don't have to arrange a babysitter. I'll have to completely overhaul it sometime to make it more "I can't just walk out of the house whenever I want" friendly. I'll look it over and maybe post it in another post if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?