Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stuffs That I Don't Know What to Call it.

It's just a general update of my otherwise boring life. We did find out the gender and we're having a girl. I guess having a gender and a name to call her by (besides Baby Powell) helps to stop the feeling of this baby just being an imaginary friend.

I went and looked at baby clothes on Saturday and then stopped. I think the only reason I went in the first place was because the baby store was air conditioned. I had to stop because I chose to go into the Baby Gap...which is very much my style...and very much NOT my price range. =P

We're very excited to be having a girl though.

Since the last time I wrote, Andrew and I have successfully been on 1 date. Not quite what I was aiming for, but its a start. We went to the temple. Andrew had a talk to give so it was a good motivation to get us there. Bonus, the temple is air conditioned.

See what my life has been reduced to??? Chasing air conditioning.

I think for our date next week we are going to make ice cream. I checked out a book from the library (which also has air conditioning, the library, not the book) with all kinds of recipes. We don't have an ice cream maker but we can rent one from the BYU outdoor center or I found a technique online that doesn't require a machine...just a lot of time because you have to pull it out of the freezer every 30 minutes and stir it up. We'll see, it'll be fun.

I'm past the halfway point of my pregnancy. It passed without a lot of fanfare. We went to JCW's and split a hamburger and onion rings. I told Andrew we were having a half a hamburger each because it was halfway day...but really its because it was cheaper that way, lets be honest. =P

Now I'm stuck in this really weird state where I'm excited that I'm halfway, and also freaked out, and also annoyed. I'm kind of an obsessive planner...I like to plan everything because it makes me feel like I have something to do. When it comes to things like babies, there is only so much I can do before there isn't anything else to do. It's a lot of waiting...and it isn't very fun for me.

Not to say I want this little one to come right now, that's where my conflict of emotions comes in. I'm a little freaked out that I've only got a few more months of just me and Andrew. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to take our daughter on camping trips and hiking trips and do everything with her that Andrew and I do together. It's not as if we do a lot of jumping out of airplanes and other stuff that you can't do with kids, it's just...I feel like all the same I need to be making the most of this time with Andrew.

So basically I'm stuck in this weird limbo.

But I'm doing my best TRYING to keep myself busy in the meantime. I can't really craft anything for the baby even because I have no sewing machine/no money for fabric or anything. (knitting and crochet are RIGHT out...we don't go there) =P Instead I'm using the baby as an excuse to do the spring cleaning I've been meaning to do since last year. Andrew helped me last night and now the nook in our bedroom is neat and tidy and our living room is a mess with all the stuff we're giving to DI.

I'm also trying to get us back in the habit of FHE. It was hard to do with just two people so we kinda sorta stopped somewhere along the line. Thanks to our sunbeams, who think the answer to everything is "Jesus" (it was a picture of a bird in a nest!) and if that isn't right, the answer must be "Jesus Smith"...I'm determined to hold proper family home evenings when this child gets here.

So there is the update of stuffs that I don't know what to call it.


11 comments:

  1. YAY!! You made it on a date. Sometimes the temple is the best kind of date that there is. Little Powell Baby has something ready to be mailed from us ;) I realized that I may not have your address though... So now I have an excuse to get onto Facebook yet again today since I'll likely check back there before here. Anywho, cleaning is a good way to get ready. You can come clean for me and I'll craft for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What name did you pick out? Will I blush? XP

    Jeez, if you think the waiting is driving you crazy, think about how it's affecting me! I cannot wait to see her!!!
    (Also, for some reason, I keep picturing her as like...a Tamagotchi...or a little Anime character....Just cause you and Andrew are SO adorbs - I know she will be too...& maybe even pocket size! XP -- Don't worry, I wouldn't try and stick her in my pockets (I can't even get my phone to fit in my pockets).

    Anyway, I'm super excited for you!

    Also...I have the knitting and crocheting totally covered! (Except for Socks...those are SO hard to do! I managed to get 1/2 of one done once...but I got to the heel and gave up). Baby Blankets...Baby hats (with a little pom pom on top!), etc. Covered! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you WERE the one that gave Andrew the nickname "Anime Andrew" so it really doesn't surprise me. =P

      Delete
    2. HAHA!!!! I'd totally forgotten about that!!!

      ...Still true tho XP

      Delete
  3. Now is prime yard sale season. We got the first three months of Jace's life covered with just 10 dollars at a yard sale. Like, 30 outfits. Go yard saling to get those baby clothes! (also, it's easier to find girls clothes at a yard sale than boys.)
    And you're right, do make the most of this time left with Andrew, because you can't just walk out the door anytime you want after that baby comes, even if you have people who are eager to do date swap babysitting (hint, hint). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so much that I can't afford baby clothes (ok well actually I can't) so much as I have always been in love with GAP and it's ALWAYS out of my price range. I did inherit some GAP maternity pants though, so that's cool. :)

      I've been meaning to go yard saling, but I'm really not that excited to go shopping for anything...which is why I only went to GAP. (And yard sales aren't air conditioned...which was our main purpose for going, haha) I have an attention span of 10 seconds for shopping. It's sad, really.

      Also, not that I've looked, but I feel like this year boys clothes might be easier to find. I feel like when Jace was born, everyone I knew was having boys, now everyone is having girls so maybe that had something to do with it? Like I said, I haven't looked, but the geographer in me likes to find patterns like that...and I might not know anything because I know a total of like 50 people and it does seem like there is more girls stuff on KSL in general...maybe because the way society is, boys stuff is technically unisex and girls stuff is not?

      Must investigate. Maybe that will get me to the yard sales.

      Delete
    2. You can also check Craigslist and KSL - I see baby stuff on both sites (and sometimes stuff in the free sections too!) all the time!

      Also as far as babysitting goes - HELLO! That's why you have friends (cough me cough) who are childless! :P

      Delete
    3. I've had a hard time with Craigslist. It's tiring to search for baby stuff on there for some reason. I like KSL better, but I like Craigslist better for searching for apartments. Go figure.

      Delete
    4. And guys, chill on the babysitting. Not that I don't appreciate it, but remember, it'll be winter. I probably won't leave the house until April or May because I'll be in hibernation...like a mama bear. =P

      Delete
    5. Yeah - Each has it's strengths.
      I like KSL for furniture but Craigslist for apartments. :P

      Well, offer always stands for both of ya! <3

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?