I had thought we'd walk at the same time and then both our families could come out once to see us graduate instead of coming out for one ceremony and then coming to another one 6 months later. Unfortunately, I was also hoping that Andrew and I would walk at different times during the day. -_-
Both our families can still come out at the same time, but Andrew and I can't see each other walk. That's super lame. If it comes to that, I might not walk. It'd be cheaper anyways cuz we'd only have to buy one cap and gown that would only be worn once.
But on the other hand...I WAS looking forward to listening to someone attempt to say my middle name in front of a huge audience again. =P
I would go JUST to hear someone try to pronounce your middle name!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd also cause I support you and am proud of you...
but it's SO awesome to hear people try and pronounce your middle name too! :P
lol! I totally forgot what I wrote in this entry. I got your comment in my email and I was like "...derrrrrrr...what is she talking about?"
DeleteBut yeah, it's pretty epic. When I graduated from high school the teacher came up to me to ask how to pronounce it (I could hear the other teachers laughing at him when they were going through their lists) and then he still messed it up, but he did pretty well. By the time my last sister graduated, that same teacher was like "here we go again". =P
You can walk with his college or he can walk with yours. People do it all the time! Just talk to your advisor and they will help you work out the details.
ReplyDeleteThis is good to know. Though I'm still contemplating not walking because it was pretty miserable back in high school...and I would feel awkward walking with engineers. =P I'd never make Andrew walk with the Family, Home, and Social Sciences though. =P
DeleteI dunno. I guess if my parents are gonna come all the way out I SHOULD walk...
It's not that bad, there were plenty of people who walked with their spouse in our Education department, several engineers too. It's not wierd to see. Also, if you need to borrow a cap and gown to save on expenses, you could borrow mine. We're about the same height.
ReplyDeleteWell I think I decided on walking with Andrew's college, since he put a heck of a lot more effort into it than I did. I just kinda walked into my major and 3 semesters later I'm walking out. =P
DeleteI might take you up on the cap and gown...except isn't Rod graduating in April too? I don't know if caps and gowns are fit differently for men and women, they all look the same to me. But if he can wear yours, I'd gladly defer to him.