Sunday, July 4, 2010

Episode 28: *Fourth Of July Special* in Which Jessica Gets Engaged!!!

Welcome back! This week is our holiday special blog!!!

So I guess I shouldn’t beat around the bush. I’m engaged. There you have it the end.
Ok, well I guess you all need more background than all that so I’ll have to back up to…about the morning of July 1st.

So as you all probably know, I was scheduled to go to Provo on July 1st. I was sooo excited I could barely sleep! I couldn’t wait to see Andrew again! I was convinced that I was going to drop all my bags and run straight into his arms the moment I saw him, but obviously I didn’t do that because I’m posting a blog entry right now and so that means my computer didn’t get dropped =P

So I woke up bright and early at 2:30am because my sisters came home from the Avatar premiere and insisted on bashing it from 2:30 ‘til 4 when I left the house. Thanks guys. =P I walked out the door to be hit with 90 degree weather before the sun came up. I was very glad to be leaving Arizona =P

I got to the airport and had to wait in many long lines because of the fact that I was flying on the 4th of July weekend…ish…it was still only Thursday but whatever. It took ages to get my bags checked and get through security, but I finally made it and had about 10 minutes before boarding started. I decided to check my facebook and change my status so that everyone would know I was happily on my way to Utah. My new status update read “Jessica Halliday is watching the sunrise from the airport. It is going to be a WONDERFUL day!”

…yes…

Little did I know. Haha!
The flight was long, even though it was perhaps in actuality, the shortest flight between Phoenix and Salt Lake ever to be flown. We left 10 minutes late and arrived 10 minutes early, but I was impatient. I did sit next to the most amusing little boy on the way there though and so I guess it could have been worse. He was fascinated by everything from the Grand Canyon below, to flying through the clouds and to seeing the flaps on the wings of the plane move up and down. Truth be told, he rather reminded me of Andrew. I could have a one track mind…perhaps. =P
So Andrew met me at the security gate and just as I said that I would do, I ran straight to him and jumped on him. I didn’t DROP my luggage because of my dear laptop, Toby, for whom I was responsible but rather set him gently down before pouncing on Andrew…who I don’t really think minded at all.

We picked up my bags and headed out to the car. Once we had left the airport, Andrew asked me what I wanted to do to which I replied that I didn’t know. I was just happy to be with my boyfriend. He answered “I know just the thing” and we continued driving. I should have been suspicious because he was being so decisive, but I wasn’t. =P

We continued driving until I realized we were headed to Provo Canyon. I hadn’t even bothered to ask where we were going the whole time…I was just happy to be with Andrew. After I realized where we were going however, I knew exactly where our end destination would be. He had mentioned a few weeks ago that he wanted to take me up to Squaw Peak and show me the view from up there; he having been there himself not long before and loving it. As we drove up the winding road, we laughed at all the squirrels on the road that distracted me at every turn…perhaps they are what kept my curiosity at bay.

When we got to the parking lot there were no other cars there, but Andrew backed in anyway. I thought it was a little strange since I had never known him to back in before, but since my parents always back in, I shrugged it off and got out of the car.

We stood at the end of the car in the perfect silence with the valley below us and Utah Lake in the distance. Andrew opened the back of the car and we sat down. The seats had been laid down before he picked me up from the airport, but I had simply assumed that this was in preparation for our trip to Seattle the next day. We sat down and he said he had something he wanted me to read and handed me a letter.

I read the letter slowly. It detailed all the reasons that he loved me and all the promises he was making to love me for eternity. It was the best letter ever and I was very touched. I had the best boyfriend EVER!!! I looked at him and told him thank you. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was! At least…I thought I was lucky THEN. I still suspected NOTHING…until he got out of the car and down on one knee. I can’t remember if I was holding the letter still but I am sure I dropped it if I was holding it.

He was kneeling there, with a ring, and asking me to marry him!!!

I think I squeaked…I don’t even remember. But I told him YES of course!!!

I was totally one hundred percent surprised. I had never in my whole life imagined that he would propose that day or while I was in Utah this time around at all!!! He did a very good job keeping it secret. My sister Brianna had even mentioned that I would be engaged when I got home and I laughed, telling her that was impossible.
Apparently it was not impossible.

I read the letter again that night and I still don’t know HOW I never once saw this coming. The letter only SCREAMS “I’m about to propose” but I was totally oblivious. I crack me up…and I think Andrew is rather grateful that I was oblivious the whole time. It was perfect for both of us that way.

AWWWWWWWWW! I LOVE ANDREW SO MUCH!!!!

I’m still amazed that he knows me so well. I could not have imagined a better proposal if I tried!

So the wedding is December 21st, 2010. I can hardly wait!!! I have the best fiancé ever!!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh Jess... words cannot express how much I love you and how I love seeing you happy~ I am so excited for you, and know that I'm here to help you out in any way~ I know it's not like you live next to e or anything, but I'm only a phone call away and I will do my best in helping you out~ :)
    Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! finally completely updated, haha ;) I'm sooooo happy for you and Andrew!!!!!!!! You guys are the BESTEST couple ever, some would say I'm biased, but I say NAY, you guys ARE the cutest couple EVER, it's been decided as of right now. you're welcome ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?