Monday, June 28, 2010

Episode 27: In Which Jessica Grows Impatient and Much Whining is Involved

Impatience...that about sums up my entire personality right now. If you were to think of one word to describe me, it would probably be that one. I am impatient for so many things right now. It is the summer of waiting. Someday, they'll make an epic movie of this summer...and it will be the most boring movie ever. Surpassing even the long and arduous trek of Frodo up that stupid mountain at the end of Lord of the Rings. Probably more whiny too.

This week has been relatively busy for me and altogether torturous. I've been running errands with my mommy to help pass time. It helps mostly, at least to alleviate the monotony of daily life at home. It's also been torturous because I've been skyping Andrew and I miss him! It's like the days just crawl by and I'm doomed only to see him through a computer screen for the rest of my life! ok, so that was a little dramatic. But you know how it goes. I guess at least he's only 700 miles away instead of an entire ocean away...I should count my blessings. But I'm not, I feel like complaining

But today is monday, and I'm leaving early thursday morning for Utah. I can't wait! I guess there is something to be said about long distance. It does allow me to live certain romantic situations that I had only dreamed of before....like walking through the gate at the airport to see my boyfriend standing there with a bouquet of flowers and dropping all my luggage and running to greet him.

This time around, there will probably be no flowers...because he has no money. And there will be no luggage dropping because I just bought a new laptop and am not interested in breaking the screen again. haha! And ok...the stupid terrorists kinda ruined the romance of an airport...because after you deplane you STILL have to walk all the way to security...ALONE! But as soon as I step through security, I am running straight into Andrew's arms. At least the terrorists and common sense can't ruin that part. =P

Speaking of terrorists and airports. Have I ever mentioned how much of my life was stolen by the terrorists!? The airport is literally NO fun anymore. If you aren't flying, you have to leave your passenger at the security gate. Do not pass go, do not collect many plane watchings. I used to LOVE watching til you couldn't see the plane anymore after whoever it was you were with got on the plane. But now, you have to settle for when you can't see THEM anymore. Even people watching at the airport isn't what it used to be...cuz not many people fly anymore and business people are just...well...boring.

Well now that I am done with my soapbox on why terrorists ruined my life, what else can I tell you?

Well I was talking to Andrew last night and he was telling me where we were going to stop for gas on the way to Seattle. He said we'd gas up in Ogden, Boise, and the Tri-Cities area. I was like KENNEWICK!?!?! And he laughed and said we probably wouldn't stop in Kennewick to which I said again "KENNEWICK!?!" I wasn't really paying attention to what he said...I was too busy conjuring up hilarious scenes in my head of pulling up at a stop light, seeing Ali...and jumping out of the car to bang on her window. hahahahahahhaha! or meeting her at a gas station randomly and pouncing on her.

Ohhhhhhhh Ali I miss her! I miss her like crazy!!!

But I will be patient...I've waited this long..I can wait a few more weeks. Even though I am CONVINCED that she keeps getting secret extentions on her mission and she has in fact been gone for 3 years instead of a year and a half. haha. This is my summer of waiting. and waiting. and MORE waiting.

I can't say there is much more going on in my life except all the waiting. When I go to Utah, I'm staying with some of my old mission companions so that'll be fun. Sister Shaha, she was my second to last companion. Yeah, I'm staying with her and Emily. They're roomming together.

Speaking of roomming together. I cant wait til I can room with ali!!! *sigh* just another thing to wait for. So yeah...I was gonna go up to Utah early...but now my friend John is getting married on August 20th so I'm going to stay down here for that and then probably drive up the 21st. Don't really know why that matters but there you have it.

AUGH! You know what...I know I have probably said this before but I'm going to say it again. I know we are not punished for ADAM'S transgression, but I sure believe we are punished for Eve's transgression. CRAMPS!!!! I've had them all morning. I hate being a girl sometimes. And that sometimes always comes at the last week of the month. Least I can count on it and be prepared right? In other news...I think I just pinched a nerve in my back. ouch. I will stop complaining about my aches and pains now.

So on Sunday I went to the Gospel Essentials class. That was exciting for 2 reasons. One, we have a new elder in our ward. A cute little greenie with an adorable little southern drawl. *giggle* he's from Arkansas. Two, the girl that has been coming to church recently, a referral from John and his family (his mom is a convert...well so is john but anyhow...she is just the bestest little missionary ever. I love her) is getting baptized on July 10th! Hooray!!!

So there you have it. My exciting life! Love, Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?