Friday, October 28, 2011

Episode 88: In Which Jessica Goes Private

Well, I'm not private YET. But I'm going to be because honestly...there are a lot of weird traffic sources on my blog lately. 

So this is your chance. I don't want to cut anyone out of this so I'm gonna give you about a week. I don't know who reads this (aside from people who comment) so I don't know who to let on to the allow list. 

So speak up people. If you want to be on the allow list, let me know.

In other news, I've decided that Pintrest is a lot like Food Network in that I spend more time looking at food than eating food. It's evil. But I feel accomplished in that I DO every now and again make something that I pin on Pintrest. Yes, Pintrest is my new drug...since facebook fails. 

On the subject of facebook, you may have noticed that I'm back on...or maybe you haven't because there's a really annoying ticker in the corner hogging all the attention. Well, I guess I MIGHT pop up on that too. Anyhow, facebook got REALLY lame while I was gone but I have to keep it because its my only link to some of my investigators and mission companions. (there are downsides to serving outside the states...sometimes I'm way jealous of people who can visit their mission anytime they want).

In other news, I'm up to my eyes in art projects...yes...all from the same class that they always are. Andrew is going hunting again tomorrow but this time I am going with him. We're leaving at 3am tomorrow. I'm supposed to be washing dishes (they're STILL piled high in the sink) and making banana muffins so that we can take them for breakfast tomorrow morning.

And that was what I was thinking about before I started writing this blog. Food. Of course, I'm always thinking about that. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just study culinary arts...but then I remember my commercial baking class and I don't like commercial kitchens. Talk about stressful environments. Cooking classes are all just a means to an end for me...the end being recipes. =P

But REALLY what I was thinking about is how I would LOVE to live in a house with land where I could grow fruits and vegetables and make my own jams and soups with fresh ingredients. I'm telling you, having a garden has spoiled me rotten. I'm not into organic foods...but I nearly consider buying them at the store every time I go just because they taste better. 

Made from scratch=better than amazing. too bad it also=time consuming and college student does NOT =time.

I'm already planning next year's garden...and also planning food storage because if you look at my kitchen right now, there is no room in the inn. I have packets of ramen noodles stacked on the table because there is no room for them on top the fridge or in the cupboard. we also have 10 boxes of cereal under our bed and a flat of korean ramen under our coffee table. 

Then there is our freezer. Packed full. Andrew's dad took us shopping while he was down here and stocked our fridge and freezer. We now have steak, sausages, chicken, pork...basically if its a protein, we have it. I'm so lucky to have such amazing in-laws. And amazing parents...my mom always buys me convenient kitchen gadgets and cleans my house when she's here. I feel guilty, but I guess that's what parents do.

So that's my life right now. Doing homework and dreaming about the farm that I will probably never live on.

Let me know if you want to continue reading after I make the blog private. You have a week!

5 comments:

  1. Okay - considering the fact that I'm off Facebook for a while, I'm pretty sure if I couldn't at the *VERY* least read your blog...I would most definitely die of the epic lack of Jessica-related awesome in my life.

    So...keep me!!! <3

    Also - Yes...Pinterest...I love/hate Pinterest! :P
    And food!!! I love/hate food (but part of the reason for that might be because I tend to prefer the more fattening/unhealthy foods - I'm pretty sure if I ate the healthier/less fattening types of foods it would for sure be a love/love relationship).
    You *do* tend to have lots of nummy recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, don't get rid of me...thankss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee, Kaylynne you make me laugh. if it helps, I'm also obsessed lately with this app on the BYU website where in analyzes what you eat and graphs your calories as well as your food group intake. Nothing motivates like a colorful bar chart! I'm sure there are sites like it lots of places online. :)

    And yes, I will keep all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a farm too!!! Except, we all know I kill stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?