Well seeing as this is midterm week, and seeing as I'm SUPPOSED to be studying for an anatomy midterm, hopefully this entry will be relatively short. Don't rejoice just yet though.

So I realized that in my last entry I TOTALLY forgot that Ali, Tanner, Andrew, and I all went and hiked the Y. It was a night hike, and the last time Andrew and I hiked the Y there weren't many people out so we thought it would be fun to go again. You can obviously see in this picture that Andrew and I are super excited to go. =P Or we're just weird and crazy...and getting a little bored waiting for Tanner to pack up his stuff. We kind of tricked him into going...which means we told him we were taking him home, and then we just drove to the trailhead. =P
Yeah...that was back in the winter...at midnight. We didn't have so much luck at 9pm on a Friday night in September. There were hoardes of freshman hiking alongside us. It made it not quite as cool as we would have hoped but whatever. :)
On the way up we ran into a couple of Japanese students. That was pretty cool. Andrew and I were actually too busy laughing to notice at first. I only noticed because Tanner had stopped cold and I was trying to figure out why...then I heard them speaking Japanese. I alerted Andrew immediately and as they passed, he said "ja ne" which means "see you". They were startled and it was hilarious. After talking a bit, we continued on our way.

Just before we reached the Y, we met this little guy. I saw Andrew step over him and he moved a bit. Andrew hadn't seen him because he wasn't moving. We didn't have flashlights but in true 21st century fashion, we all whipped out our cell phones to have a look. It was a fuzzy little tarantula! I tried to pick him up but Andrew wouldn't let me. Turns out, Andrew isn't overly fond of spiders...our any other crawly thingy for that matter. 7 months of dating and I'm am just BARELY figuring this out. Guess I'm going to be the one kicking the spiders out of the house...though I AM training Andrew NOT to kill the poor things.
When we got up to the Y, we played with Andrew's laser pointer. It's pretty much a tradition now, if you hike the Y at night, you have to take the laser pointer. Last winter when we hiked, Andrew called his roommate and he came out and took a picture of the laser. He could see it all the way from their apartment. It was pretty sweet.

We had fun doing that and generally playing on the rocks that the Y is comprised of. We laughed at the couple near the bottom of the Y because they were watching a movie on their laptop. Talk about WAY too much thought put into a date. I think that goes right up there with the couple having a picnic on the median story that Elder Uchtdorf told in a CES fireside. BYU students try WAY too hard with this dating thing... Of course, I'm sure we didn't look a whole lot more normal...since we were piling on top of each other and in other general ways acting completely insane. It was fun. :)

So moving onto more recent events. I went to Tucanos for my birthday dinner. (We went on wednesday because Ali and Tanner were busy on Tuesday) If you've never been to Tucanos, go. If you're a vegetarian...stay away from it. It's an all you can eat brazilian barbecue place...which basically means all you can eat MEAT. It's pretty much amazing. They have salad and stuff too...but even though I always put on a face of being healthy by visiting the salad bar at least once, the salad ends us sitting on the plate, virtually untouched, in favor of the meat that keeps coming around. And also the grilled pineapple. mmmmmm. And for dessert...if you ever have room for dessert, which you won't. You can have a giant slab of chocolate cake. I got it to go because it was my birthday and you can't just pass up cake on your birthday. It made a delicious breakfast the next morning. =P
In other news, this week has been midterms week. That means that the apartment is in the state of what I would imagine the Terrestrial kingdom to be. When Adam and Eve fell, they left the Garden of Eden and walked into my apartment during midterms.
This week I'm pretty much all studied out and I feel like I've really not learned anything. That would in fact be a lie because on Wednesday, for the first time in my young life, I actually defeated that cursed Grant Building aka the Testing Center. (Do I go to hell for calling a building named after a prophet, cursed? oh well...I'll take my chances.)
If you're just joining us, I have yet to pass a single test given in that stupid building. It's been increasingly frustrating. Really it has.
But no longer. I have defeated it and I have defeated it well. In fact, I defeated it in the best way you could ever defeat anything EVER! I took my Family Finance Midterm and I got a 100% on it! HOORAY!
So I guess my Family Finance grade isn't in as much danger as I thought it was. That's good.
Today I had New Testament and we're still waiting on the scores for that. I got a 74 on the multiple choice but the essays still need to be graded. Tomorrow is Anatomy...and on that note. I have to go study. The end.:)
That cake looks yummy! Did ya save some? ;)
ReplyDeleteAnatomy really isn't that bad, promise! You can make it through it. But then again, I never had a cadaver in my class (thank goodness)
haha, no I didn't save any. are you kidding!? I ate it! =P That place is seriously amazing though. We should go next time you and Tim are in town, I know he'd like it. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd no, anatomy isn't that bad. I greatly enjoy it acutally. Especially the cadavers. I've gotten used to them so I hardly notice that they aren't models now. :)