Monday, November 29, 2010

Episode 37: In Which Jessica Lays In Bed All Day...And Tries to Think of Everything That Happened All Month

Hot Potato! it's been a long time since I've written. I'd like to say I was being a good student and focusing on my studies but that would be lying. Kind of. I've been focused on my studies...in one class. The others have kind of...slipped.

It kind of makes me mad actually. It all started when our internet went out one day and we didn't have it for like weeks. I don't remember how long it was exactly...but I wasn't able to check blackboard as frequently as I normally do and so I wasn't reminding myself of the many quizzes that need to be taken to keep up in my classes. (It should seriously be illegal to have classes half online and half in class...it should also be illegal to have testing centers.)

Anyhow, so all my beautiful A's have slipped to B's and I'm crying on the inside. I'm holding tight to my finance grade but with my last test score, we'll see what happens. (note...I studied for that test for days!!! Ask Andrew!!!) We won't talk about Anatomy...apparently the things that stick in my head aren't the kinds of things that go on tests...like Sperm go to swimming school and pack a lunch before they go. Who cares about a silly latin term when you know stuff like that!?!

Well now you all know I've been learning valuable information in Anatomy... =P Actually the things that stick in my head are facts about pathology...I think that's what it is. Anyhow, causes of diseases...not the stupid terms and how muscles contract and stuff. borrrrrrrrrrring. (For instance, I learned that the occurence spina bifida (you probably don't even know what that is) can be controlled and avoided by an increased intake in folic acid pre-natally....and no, I'm not just learning things concerning reproduction...ok maybe I am. I have my reasons and getting married is not one of them ok! I do learn other stuff...but I forgot it right now)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways. Moving on with my life. I COULD tell you all about how to file your taxes...or to invest in the stock market....or how to buy life insurance. But I won't cuz I know you'll all be bored.

I on the other hand, am never bored with that. Which is why I have officially changed my major to Accounting. Well...its pre-management right now. I'll finish the pre-reqs for the program next fall and apply fall of 2012. Lots of school left. Oh boy.

It's going to be fun being married and going to school. I, with my fascination with finances, have the greater part of the responsibility to manage the family budget. I ran through the numbers and Andrew and I have about -200 dollars each month. Yes...this will be an adventure.

It's ok though, we'll manage and it will be fun. :) Andrew did get a new job and it pays better than his old one. I still need a job, but I have to get one on campus or within biking or walking distance...or something in which we can figure out how to share the car. This will also be fun.

In other news, Andrew and I found an apartment...I'm not sure if I blogged about that or not, and this last weekend we found a bed! (Yay black friday sales!) Actually it was the day after black friday because I was being all sick like on black friday.

Yep, it has been an exciting life. Wedding planning has gotten REALLY boring because I can hardly think of a thing to do with it...but at the same time, things are coming together nicely. My wedding dress is happily hanging in the closet, I'll meet with the photographer in a couple days, the trio is rehearsing (I wanted a quartet but when you live in collegeville people tend to leave after finals...and that includes viola players), I'm picking display pictures to print for the reception, the invitation are out and thankfully few of them have come back, undeliverable, I've bought most of my accessories...I transferred the gas and electric for our apartment into our name, changed my medical insurance over to the married plan, and have my interviews in place for my live ordinance recommend. Pretty much all that is left is the marriage license.

School is winding down and thankfully all my papers are done. I really only had one this semester. The last one, for my marriage prep class, got downgraded from "paper" status to "bulleted list to exceed no more than one page" status. God loves me. :)

It's a good thing but I'm also stuck at home convalescing during the crucial review periods of the semester. I had surgery on the wednesday before Thanksgiving (which is why I was puking my guts out on friday...note to all...Lortab is evil!) but now I'm feeling better and taking Percoset instead. I'm just basically confined to shuffling around the house and staying mostly in bed. (except on rare occasions when Andrew takes me out places and then I get to sit in a wheel chair. We get to go fill prescriptions today! oh boy!!!!)

Other than the being sick thing, it was a very enjoyable thanksgiving holiday. We stayed at Andrew's aunt and uncles place where I had a nice warm bed and mostly peace and quiet for the weekend. Andrew and I pretty much owe them for a long time and once I'm recovered we'll have to watch their kids and let them go out for the night...probably more than once.

Anyhow, it was good. And when I was sick, andrew took very good care of me...even though he was laughing internally at me the whole time I'm sure. Especially when, in a horribly dramatic fit, I crawled down to his "room" (being the living room) knelt at his bed, and whispered (very dramatically I'm sure) "Andrew! I'm dying!"

Really...my tummy just hurt and I couldn't sleep.

After I was satisfied that I had disturbed his sleep for about 2 hours, I crawled back up to my room and continued to not be able to sleep. No...ruining Andrew's life (or night) was not ACTUALLY on my list of things to do...I was just very uncomfortable. Surgery does that to you and so does nausea.

In fun adventures (and going back in time a bit) I went hiking in Arizona at the beginning of the month. My friend Liz got drawn to hike "The Wave" (google it, its cool) and so she invited me and some others along to go. It was way fun and I got some way good pictures! Of which pictures, I cannot choose which should be used for this post...how about...this one.

There are more in my facebook album.

That's all I can think of really. The end. :)

OH YEAH! And how could I forget the appearance of our wonderful little winter visitor!? Annalyn!

She's a cute little kitten that showed up around here, crying outside my bedroom window and generally making me crazy. When I finally saw her I was so excited cuz now I could help her! It started innocently with building her a cardboard box shelter and giving her food and water...



And then we let her inside...



...and then we let her have treats...



...she was cute ok!?!

Anyhow, the apartment doesn't actually allow pets so she stayed warm, happy, and well fed with us for the weekend, and then on Sunday we found her a nice home in a pet-friendly apartment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?