Thursday, April 14, 2011

Episode 45: In Which Jessica is Cold and Walks the Ducks!

So yesterday, for family home evening, andrew and I walked the ducks! They opened a new stream on the south side of campus that they've been building all semester. Anyhow, it officially opened monday and so for a dollar you could go buy a rubber duck and float it down the stream. At the end, you get to keep your duck and they had ice cream too. :)

It was really fun. The stream is a half a mile long and it was cute to see all the little yellow ducks bobbing in the water. Unfortunately, Andrew and I walked to campus and just as we arrived, I realized I had forgotten my camera. So...no pictures. SAD DAY!

Just trust me, it was a GREAT FHE activity :)

I like the snow and winter and everything, but it is definitely nice to be able to go outside without bundling up now. I'm excited for summer because unlike in Arizona, you can leave the house without melting so I plan to be outdoors a lot this summer. Especially since I have little else to do with my life since I'll still be working only part time and I can't afford to attend school.

I'll occupy myself in other ways. Cooking is one way...but I have to limit it because it CAN get more expensive than eating out. If I had a sewing machine this would be a good summer to try to learn a thing or two about sewing...I can only make pajama pants.

Luckily, our house is only a couple of blocks from the library so I can go there when I want. And I'm going to try to get a bit of gardening in. I want to try square foot gardening, but that could cost some money initially so we'll see. Otherwise I have a spot all picked out in the back corner of the house by the driveway. Now I just have to decide what to plant.

I would really really really like to raise bees. The city of Provo just passed a law this January allowing bees to be raised within city limits. However, I don't have the money to get started doing that this year. Sad day, because they could have pollenated my garden. :(

That's about all for life. School ended yesterday and hooray for that. Then we have finals...but I'm not really concerned about those. Specially since I'm switching to photography.

There you go, the elusive short post from Jessica. Here, have some pictures.


Andrew's new hobby: Drink mixing

Jessica's new old hobby: Photography

New beanbag! 6 foot premium fill and super comfy! :)

3 comments:

  1. So... can we come over and you make us some drinks?! Do you remember that one time when you bought pina colada mix? That was awesome!

    And it's funny that you mentioned that Andrew passed out at the temple...Nate told me once that he passed out at the temple, too! You're right, there MUST be something wrong with the people we know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. They are just all so overcome by the spirit. =P

    If you guys want to come over for drinks sometime that would be fun! Andrew liked to show off =P Are you all here for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the bar-tending bug has bitten Andrew (it totally got me too - I swear one day I'm totally opening my own Mocktail bar where I can mix fun drinks and do all those cool flippy bottle bartender moves :p )

    You're gonna have PLENTY to do over the summer Jess - PHOTOGRAPHY WITH ME!!!! ^_^ (We'll be pros by the time summer is over! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?