Well, school has started again. Today it was 20 degrees out which was nice for my walk to school. It's been well below 10 degrees for going on a week now.
My Christmas break wasn't terribly exciting. I already mentioned Christmas and the getting sick part. After Christmas it was mostly filled with trips to IKEA to buy new shelves on which to store the presents I got for Christmas. We still have homeless gifts under the tree, I never got around to cleaning up the house and giving stuff to DI like I had planned so there is no room for them right now.
I did clean the kitchen on Saturday. I really cleaned it. I finally got all the sticky grease off the bottles that sit by the stove and I managed to find room in the cupboard for Andrew's mocktail glasses that are usually sitting out on the counter getting dusty. When I was done there was a LOT more counter space in the kitchen. This space was supplemented by the empty space that my kitchen-aid normally would occupy. Where was my kitchen-aid? Growing mold apparently.
At the beginning of the break, I let my brother-in-law borrow my kitchen-aid so he could make cookies. He left for Seattle and left the house key with us so we could go pick it up later. When we went to pick it up, it wasn't on the counter. We checked in the cupboards and under his bed but it wasn't there. Kitchen-aids are kinda big so they aren't likely candidates for just "going missing".
After calling my brother-in-law and waiting for him to contact all his roommates, it turns out that one of his roommates lent my kitchen-aid to an apartment of girls. Not just any apartment of girls either, Apartment 8. I've heard enough stories about apartment 8 from my brother-in-law to have caused me to come up with the motto: "Don't date Apartment 8!" These are the kind of girls that give all other girls bad names. As my brother-in-law puts it, "They're good looking, and they know it". (After this fiasco, I'm convinced that that is all they know).
Well, that effectively left me without a kitchen-aid all break because everyone was out of town in Apartment 8. I finally got my kitchen-aid back on Sunday night after they brought it back to my brother-in-law's apartment. In their defense they were sorry about the whole thing, but I'm still not impressed. What girl in her proper mind goes to a BOY'S apartment and sees a kitchen-aid and thinks it belongs there!? I've been in boys' apartments, you're lucky if they have two frying pans and my brother-in-laws apartment most certainly does not have 2 frying pans. His apartment probably doesn't even know what a kitchen-aid IS.
But the blame isn't wholly Apartment 8's. No, it lies well with the roommate that lent it out. Who lends out something that isn't theirs!?! Like I said, he probably didn't even know WHAT a kitchen-aid was...but still! Oy! Boys....
Anyhow, I got my kitchen-aid back and everything was back as it should have been. Except that there was flour and stickiness all over it. I could barely pull the bowl out because it was effectively glued to the base. And when I did pull the bowl out, I took the cover off and was met with half an inch of standing water and mold! Well, at least they tried to wash the bowl...but they put it away wet? Judging by the standing water it would seem that they didn't even try to dry it. And the flour and stickiness all over the base? What kind of an apartment do they live in that they don't know how to clean!?
I stick by my motto: "Don't Date Apartment 8".
Sadly though, you know some poor suckers will date and eventually marry them. Mercy be to their souls, I just hope that one of those poor suckers is not my brother-in-law.
And even more sadly, that is the most exciting thing that happened to me all break. Minus the blizzard driving on Christmas Eve.
Also, despite what it may look like, I don't hold any grudges. Since my kitchen-aid is in fine working order, it's all a very amusing story. Had they broken it, this post would have been written in all caps and probably never be published because it would have signaled intent during the murder proceedings. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?