Friday, December 28, 2012

Relief

I shoveled the snow on our walkway the other day. And our neighbor's walkway. I'm not overly fond of our neighbors so I figured I might as well shovel their walkway. It worked...I felt pretty good about myself and our neighbors. Then I woke up the next morning and it was all for naught because we got another 4 inches of snow. I haven't re-shoveled anything since.

We have about 8-12 inches of snow outside now and it's still coming down. It reminds me of the year we got  married, only now the I-15 core construction is done so I don't have to fear for my life as I drive it. Not that I drive in the snow, that's Andrew's job. Someday I'll practice snow and ice driving, but the opportunity hasn't come up yet because I can walk everywhere I need to go so Andrew always has the car.

I love the snow. It's all powder so I can't go build anything with it. I already learned that lesson when I was 12. I tried to make a snowball and it kept falling apart. My dad laughed at me. The powder is fantastic though and Andrew can't wait to go skiing. I'm relieved that it snowed this much. After last winter I was afraid we'd get no snow again and Andrew has a ski class this semester so that would really suck. Looks like he'll have plenty of snow though. Sundance has 50 inches of base snow right now and Alta has 76. Last year Alta had barely reached 76 and it was already February.

The other good news is that with all the snow, our snowpack is back up to normal. We had a dismal snowpack last winter and we barely escaped disaster because the winter of 2010-2011 lent us such a huge snowpack that it kept our reservoir levels up. This year the snowpack is already at 100% for the Provo watershed and 120% for some of the northern watersheds. I think we'll be OK this summer. :)

And also, gas is less than 3 dollars a gallon now. Sad that I find that relieving I guess...but it is a relief nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?