So I promised to post about dates. Well this week it was my week to plan. It didn't work out very well but it was a good date all the same.
The plan was to go geocaching. We can rent GPS units at the library on campus so on Friday afternoon I set about putting together a list of geocache locations to try. For some reason, I had a REALLY hard time doing that. It was hot as usual and I was pretty tired. I didn't want to do any caches that required a terrible amount of bushwhacking to get to but the ones around the city just didn't sound very entertaining. Eventually I put together my list and went to take a nap.
We left at about 5:30 only to find out the Science reference desk was closed so we couldn't check out the GPS. About this point, I felt pretty defeated and wanted to go home and take another nap and eat something.
Unfortunately, home had no food and we really didn't have much money so at that point I was upset because we were clearly going to starve to death.
In the end, our "date" turned into a search for decent fruit (This is Utah in the summer, WHY is it so hard to find ripe peaches!?) and then in an attempt to get my blood sugar back up we gave up hope of saving money and got dinner at McDonald's. Then we went to Target to get frozen fruit to make smoothies. The frozen fruit was too expensive but we found a really yummy pineapple instead. We just wandered around the store to kill time and at the toy section, I picked up a big green ball from the display.
It was the most pointless purchase ever but Andrew said I looked so happy holding the ball that he wanted to get it for me.
So now we have the green ball of happy. It sits in our living room and reminds me of that date that never was, but in the end was everything. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?