Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Holding Down the Fort

This week's date was more of a success than the past few weeks...sort of. It has been wonderfully gray and rainy all week and it was actually somewhat cold on Friday, or it seemed that way. After sitting in the house for a little while with the fan off, I realized it wasn't actually that cold. =P

Anyway, I decided that for our date, we were going to built a blanket fort and fill it with pillows and watch Foyle's War. It's our favorite show lately. :)

Things got off to a rocky start when we realized that our sheets and blankets weren't as big as our plans for our fort. Also, stacking stools on top of each other is generally unstable and not advisable. In the end we used our big kid skills to basically sew our fort to the ceiling. The middle was hanging low so we looped some thread through it and strung it up by the ceiling fan. =P

Also, before we came up with the idea for the thread, my back started to hurt pretty badly so I didn't feel like helping anymore, which also made things less fun.

Eventually, we got the fort set up and got Andrew's computer set up inside of it. We watched two episodes of Foyle's War before we decided to pack everything up. 2 Episodes is about 3 hours so we were in there for a decent amount of time. I was going to pop popcorn and grab some snacks and drinks too...but I never got around to it.

I think the next time I do this activity, it will be when I'm not pregnant because my back was sore to begin with and my hips just aren't used to the extra weight. I think my hip went numb halfway through the first episode. The floor just isn't that comfortable, even with all the pillows and blankets in the house.

On the other hand, if I DO choose to do something like this again while I'm pregnant, I'll probably do something more like this:


It was still fun though. :)

Also in happenings this week, Andrew went waterskiing and I got sunburned (even though I was in the shade the whole day...augh!).

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun date idea! I want more stay at home inexpensive ideas like that.
    P.S. I can send you my maternity support belt to borrow if you want ;) It's just for when you're up and moving around though [and doesn't look pretty but boy does it help with the hips and back]

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?