Oh man, heading into these next few weeks I am completely overwhelmed. I feel like I have so much to do at school! So, naturally, instead of doing it, I'm writing on a blog that I rarely write on. Makes sense, right? Of course.
It has really hit me in the past couple days that HOLYCRAPIONLYHAVELIKETHREEWEEKSOFSCHOOLLEFT!!!!
Yes, it's said all run together like that.
Most people have a couple more weeks than me, but hey, I'm having a baby after Thanksgiving. My last day of work is that Wednesday preceding Thanksgiving and then it is all downhill from there!
That also means with as little motivation as I have NOW, I don't think I could make myself write any papers after the baby comes. So I basically have to finish all my papers before I leave for Thanksgiving.
I've started to be a little more realistic and I've given myself until the baby actually comes to finish. Some are due before Thanksgiving anyway, but others can be put off a little. Andrew can deliver papers to my professors or I can e-mail them in.
But it SERIOUSLY puts a damper on the holiday spirit. These are my answers to typical questions lately.
Q: You're having a baby! Aren't you excited!?!
A: I would be...if school allowed for such a thing, right now I really can't think about it
Q: Aren't you excited for the holidays!?
A: I will be when school is done
Q: You're almost graduated! Aren't you excited!?
A: I'll let the excitement sink in when its a guaranteed thing...meaning when school is done
Q: Don't you get excited about anything?
A: Yes. Food.
Maybe I should work on rewarding myself with food when I finish a paper...
Hahaha, I always felt that way too. My favorite question was, "Are you ready for the baby to come?" What does that mean? I have a bed for the baby. I have some clothes. I won't ever be mentally prepared and the baby will come when it will come whether I'm ready or not. And I'm too busy to sit down and ponder whether or not I'm "ready".
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'm glad to say I don't think I've gotten that one yet. If I do, at least I'll have a different answer than "when school is over". It will be a great, resounding "NO" =P
Delete