Ok, so this was Valentines weekend, and I was going to break it up into two entries but you're gonna have to deal with one long entry because well, because. And that is a perfectly acceptable answer, says me. ^_^
So, as many of you may have heard (Particularly Rebekah) In Japan, Valentines day is done just a tad differently. On Valentines Day, only girls give chocolates to boys. They dont get anything really. They get their day too on March 14th, White day, when the boys they gave chocolates to reciprocate and give them chocolate.
I've been celebrating that way for about 3 years now and its wonderful every year. This kind of celebrating usually lets me forget that I'm single, and serve other people. I usually don't get very upset over being single anyhow...but boys act like its christmas when you give them food and I find that amusing. No one here celebrates White Day so I typically don't get anything except in the MTC when my elders went all out and decorated sister webb's and my desks. It was amazing! but that was 2 years ago =P
After dusting myself off, I continued my shopping and lugged all my groceries home. I'm often too proud or stubborn to ask for rides so I carry everything home. When you're carrying 6 bags of groceries on your arms and a carton of milk and bag of sugar in your backpack, you start to wonder where all the priesthood holders in Provo are =P ...or maybe a boy scout? =P
Yeah...it made a LOT of cookies. I think I made like 12 dozen! I'm sure my roommates thought that the cookie fairy had come to visit when they woke up the next morning.
I put them all in their little baggies and to take them to school to give to everyone at school. No, I didn't bother with my lecture classes...that would be ridiculous. Just my Japanese class which has only like 10 people in it.
The next morning, or rather 2 hours later, I woke up feeling fat and not very attractive in the least, so I put on my cute boots and walked all over campus in them! By the end of the day I felt pretty cute, despite my sore feets. haha! I watched my drama with Shelia and then came home to get ready for my date that night.
Yeah, I had a date. It was with a guy in my ward and it was pretty fun. We went to see the BYU Young Ambassadors and I thought I would die of awe and wonder. I get that way when I watch live performances and they were AMAZING! They performed "Defying Gravity" and it was amazing! I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go see a broadway play now, preferably on Broadway but I'll take a touring show too. I still can't believe I got home the day Wicked ended in Arizona! LAME!
So then I got home and me and Rebekah waited up for Kelli and Rhiannon who had gone to a formal dance. I left before they were dressed so I didn't get to see them all dressed up. They both looked super pretty when they got home though!
Shelia came over to help me and we watched Finding Neverland as well. Kaylynne also joined us of course and it was super fun! Kaylynne was quite a fan of the naan. =P
I texted my friend Andrew (aka Elder Powell) too because I remembered he said he liked Naan. Of course, I can't think of a missionary who DOESN'T like naan...cept maybe Sterling cuz he's WEIRD!
Anyhow, he was hiking so he didn't answer and then the curry was all gone before he could come over. But he invited me to go the Japanese session at the temple with him which I did...after Kaylynne bought her way into heaven by lending me money to borrow clothes with =P
Anyhow, so we went to the session, and Elder Lee from our mission was there too. It was WAY cool. And super natsukashii (I still don't have a good english translation for that..."remeniscient?) to be in the Provo Temple Celestial Room after 2 years....
Overall it was super fun. He told me about how he climbed Mt. Fuji (while I died of jealousy in the passengers seat haha) and I told him about the time me and Natalee made the road trip to San Diego.
Saturday night after I got home from the temple, I invited Kaylnne over and we ate ice cream, straight out of the tub. Normally that's something you do for a break up, but it was fun so we did it anyhow. Then I secretly started the batter for yeast raised waffles and then put my hair in curlers. I figured that it would be fun to have curly hair for Valentines day ^_^
Sunday morning I woke up, pulled the strawberries that I bought earlier, out of the freezer, whipped up some whipped cream, and finished the batter. Then I went back to bed and let my roommates figure out what was going on. =P
I got up just before church, pulled the culers out of my hair, and bounced off to church. My hair bounced too, it was super fun!
After church I watched Steel Magnolias with Rebekah. Oh so many funny/inspirational quotes. ^_^
Later, we had ward prayer and some kind of dating activity that I didn't dare participate in. The guys put a tie in a box and the girls drew one out and then they got a "free ice cream sandwich" thing for hogi yogi and they all are going out sometime this week. I'm not huge on activities where I have to match an object to someone in a crowd so I just watched.
Then we went back to Kaylynne's apartment and talked for ages. It was quite fun. I love just sitting around and talking late at night. ^_^
Monday morning I got up and Sister Yasutani's wedding invite was sitting on the table! Sister Yasutani was my trainer in the mission. I'm so happy she's getting married ^_^
Then, Clarissa came to pick me up and I spent the day with her and Jacob. We just sat talking, and played Mario Kart for the Wii...which I suck at. I don't think either of us thought we'd see the day that I sucked at video games and clarissa was better than me. I got 12th place almost EVERYTIME. But it wasn't like playing Super Smash Bros where getting last place gets lame and tiring after a while, I didn't get bored to fast even though i lost everytime.
After Jacob came home we made pizza and I played with Emily and trained her for the circus....she's going to be a trapeze artist cuz its so fun to swing her up in the air. haha. I love playing with Emily. Edward is cute too...they're both so tiny!
Today is cleaning checks so I had to clean the bathroom. It wasn't that interesting...but oh well. It needs to be done. I didn't get to the mold on the ceiling or unclogging the drain...so hopefully we'll still pass. They don't check the drain anyhow, that's just a personal desire to unclog our shower drain. I'm scared to do it though. =P
While I wasn't cleaning, I was discussing sciencey things with Andrew and he mentioned Lenticular Clouds and I looked it up and was like "hey wait! I have a picture of one of those!" I put it up on facebook to show him and it is currently my most discussed photo of my entire mission series...what the crap!?! a year and a half of strange foods and awesome people...and everyone likes the picture of a CLOUD?!
I should have been born as a cloud apparently.
Anyhow, that is pretty much how my weekend went. It was the most fun weekend I've had ever! (I think I say that every weekend)
It was just what I needed to lead me into what will inevitably be the most NOT fun week of my life. I have a chem test and a human development test. Today I have to stay on campus until 6 for a test review session....I think...I haven't heard anythign about it...lame.
I mean NOT lame! Life is amazing! despite the unfortunate existence of Chemistry...I would seriously take Physics over this...haha!
ACK! I didn't realize I was being included in the ice cream picture!! X_x
ReplyDelete:p
YAY For an updated blog! ^_^
haha, bought my way into heaven!