Sunday, February 21, 2010

Episode 14: In Which Jessica Has the Most Perfectest Weekend Ever!

Well, this weekend was an exceptionally good one in the life of me. I am sure I've said that before and I am sure it will be said again, but at this moment in time, things can't possibly be more perfect!

I finished all my tests for the week on Thursday so Friday was a pretty chill day for me.

It all started that morning when I got out of Japanese...no it started IN Japanese class. We had a Kanji test and I pretty much aced it. It felt SOOO good to ace a test instead of flunking it! =P But after we got out of Japanese, it was snowing nice big fat drops of condensed and frozen moisture. It was so pretty and Casey and Brandon (two guys in my Japanese class) were trying to catch snowflakes on our tongues! It was hilarious and fun! ^_^ Sometimes, you just have to forget how old you are, and enjoy the same things that make kids happy ^_^.



After that, I went to the Wilk where I proceeded to spend a couple hours joking around with Rebekah and Kaylynne via facebook, and switch shoes with my friend Emily, who forgot that she needed tennis shoes for something that day. So I inherited a pair of too small, yet super cute shoes for the day and it was exciting.



It continued to snow all morning, and I was super happy. It has been ages since I've seen snow and it hasn't snowed that much this winter. To celebrate, I went and bought a loaf of fresh bread, and a cup of soup! I was hoping for cream of broccoli or cream of potato but I had to settle for chicken and wild rice. It was super delicious and a perfect way to spend the lunch hour on a rainy day! (and I got to use my umbrella)



After that, I went to struggle through Chemistry. It's honestly not so much that I hate chemistry...so much as I hate the not getting it. I totally don't know what we talked about on Friday =P Something about moles...



I went to the Clyde Building to wait for Emily to get out of class so we could re-exchange shoes and while I was there, I discovered the greatest app ever invented for iphone! I want it! I want an iphone JUST so I can have that app! It's a lightsaber app, and it uses the motion sensor in the iphone to make lightsaber noises. I laughed that I learned about that app in the Clyde engineering building...there were like 4 or 5 people in there, probably studying engineering so that they could work for LucasArts someday. (I don't even know if those guys at LucasArts are engineers haha)



That day I went to Shelia's for our weekly drama and I ate more delicious food. HOORAY FOR FRIENDS AND DRAMAS! But not friend drama...that stuff is lame.

So that same night I had a roommate date with my roommate Rebekah and also with Elyla from next door. We went to the Cannon center for dinner! It was so delicious but I stuffed myself full of food! It reminded me of being in the MTC again and eating 4 navajo tacos because I wanted to prove to Elder Harris that I could keep up with them....yeah that was a bad idea. Not that going to the Cannon Center was a bad idea of course...food is ALWAYS a good choice.

Then we went and sat in the hot tub for a bit to relax and when I came home I was so sleepy that I went to sleep and missed my relief society activity. Oh well =P I needed my sleep cuz on Saturday...

I WENT HIKING WITH ANDREW!!! OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS SO FUN! I miss hiking...I didn't do enough of it in Arizona. It was my first time hiking in the snow though! We hiked up to the Y and then went a little past that. For all the pictures you can check out my facebook album. I'll just post the picture of me in the snow fort that we found while we were hiking.

We found this snowfort in the middle of a meadow. It was really only big enough for one person to lay down in but we squished both of us in it anyhow. It was funny because it was soooooooooo quiet in there and we were laughing that maybe his brother would never find us cuz we were super quiet and he was hungry =P. (it was me; andrew; his brother, Alex; and his brother's roommate, Chris) They did find us though...and then it was an adventure trying to get out. I faceplanted in the snow trying to push myself up and out of the fort haha! But it was nice and cozy in there...no wonder its the dwelling of choice for eskimos! Who knew snow could be so warm!? Of course...then outside was twice as cold, but who's counting right?

Here's the album for you if you aren't on facebook...even though you probably are:

Hiking and Homecomings

We got off the mountain at about 1pm and then we went to meet Elder Harris and Elder Allen cuz they were visiting Provo! well, Elder Allen kinda pretty much lives here but yeah. Anyhow, we went, and Elder Bradley was there too! It was like a mini mission reunion!!! Oh how I love all my elders! I have a confession to make, though most of you always know...I didn't like hanging out with sisters on my mission =P Not that I didn't love my companions, I did and still do. But I loved the elders too!!!

Now that you think I'm a totally bad missionary...I think I'll move on =P

So then I went home and watched TV with Rebekah for a little bit before taking a shower and getting ready for that night. I went to a ballet up on campus with Andrew. It was super fun...even though I didn't get the classical ballet stuff very much. The modern ballet was really abstract but I was able to get a pretty good concrete image in my head from the dances...maybe I'm getting to be more cultured as I grow up. =P

Anyhow, it was super fun and I really enjoyed talking to Andrew about the performances. I was impressed that he knew so much (it could be cuz he's in a humanities class...I'm just inhumane apparently and know virtually nothing aboout ballet) But anyhow, I enjoyed myself. ^__^

Sunday was another exciting day! I went to Elder Allen's homecoming!!! WHEE! It was supposed to be a surprise but since I kinda saw him on Saturday it wasn't that surprising haha. I went with Tyler and Josh and then we saw Kyoko shimai there! She was a member in the Tokyo mission. It was crazy to see her!!

Elder Bradley and Elder Harris are dweebs and put on masks like the Japanese ALWAYS wear to make Elder Allen laugh during his talk. It was all in vain though because Elder Allen never saw them. We waited for a long time while Elder Allen talked to everyone after Sacrament meeting and then we FINALLY got a group picture taken! Did I mention that I missed those boys...well I did.

Hugs were given all around...except to me because I am a sister and Elder Allen just can't BEAR to hug me...so I snuck up behind him and hugged him anyways. It was pretty hilarious to watch him freak out...I should have had someone take a video of it. dang!

Oh what a fun weekend!!! Sorry for the late post! Tonight is the Jane Austen Dance so I will try hard to make a more time appropriate post! ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?