Monday Monday Monday Monday MONDAY! M-O-N-D-A-Y, what does that spell?! That's right, WORST day of the week! That's why you've gotta go out of your way to make it extra special! It's also probably why the First Presidency, in all of the infinite wisdom they receive from God, decided that Monday night was Family Home Evening. But I am FAR from talking about family home evening. Which by the way was super fun. =P Nope, I'm gonna start with the most exciting thing I did today...GIVE BLOOD!
Seriously, what else do you do on your break between classes? Study?! HA! Why would I do something like that when I could give blood. It was really fun! Perhaps I'm a masochist but I love to donate blood! I haven't done it in ages due to never having had enough water on the day of the drive or whatnot but today I thought, what the heck, if I get denied at least I tried right! Well as you can clearly see, I passed with flying colors, even my iron was up! I COULD post a picture of the needle IN my arm...but I don't want to discourage people from reading my blog.
I will however tell you that it was the best experience I've ever had giving blood. The phlebotomist, who you can see above, was the most amazing ever! Not only did I never feel the needle go in, but I never felt it come out! It was craaaaazy! PS, I'm one of those crazies that likes to watch the needle go in. I am also glad to report that I have absolutely NO bruising in that arm at all. I got free lunch (they feed you well for donating at BYU) as well as a free T-shirt! It's the most awesomest T-shirt ever if I do say so myself.
Thanks so much to Shelia for documenting my blood donation adventures. She wanted to come with me to watch (it must be the pre nursing majors in us, haha) and she was so kind as to take the pictures for me. There are many others but they are not for the faint of heart. =P
After giving blood I went to chemistry, which is ALSO not for the faint of heart I assure you. We're still not getting along so well but I'm trying to at least get to the point where we can be indifferent acquaintances.
Today I came home from school JUST in time to see Mr. Darcy save the day! It was such a pleasant surprise and made my wonderful Monday just that much more amazing. The only thing that could have been more amazing would have been if I had come in just at the beginning of the movie. My roommate has her playstation and TV set up in our room so I got distracted from my resolve to do homework upon entering my room today. I gladly gave it up though...despite the fact that I own the DVD, it is not everyday I get to see Mr. Darcy. ^_^
Tonight we had a gourmet feast for dinner group prepared by Omar. It was freakin amazing with salad, soup, and dessert as well as the main course. Everyone dressed up for it. Well, most people did. Some people just wore a black tie over their shirts *giggle* and some people just wore the same thing they wore to school and swapped out their sneakers for adorably cute boots cuz they were too lazy to change. hmmmm, wonder who did that! =P
We had a choice between cheese manacotti or stuffed turkey. I had the manacotti, Rebekah had the turkey. We didn't share =P Dessert was a tiramisu cheesecake. delicious! But my favorite part was the soup. We had Zuppa Toscana. WHAT THE CRAZY!?! That soup is the single reason I EVER go to Olive Garden. Olive Garden's Soup Salad and Breadsticks with Zuppa Toscana everytime...I never stray from the path I've set for myself.
Well call me silly but the thought of making it MYSELF had never crossed my mind! I MUST get the recipe from Omar! Or online...but the last time I looked up a recipe online...erm...yeah. haha.
Tonight for Family Home Evening, we went as a ward to the dollar theater (on Monday the $0.50 theater) to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. If you haven't seen that movie I highly recommend it. It was super hilariously random, its impossible to even explain. I think there might be something in there for every type of humor out there!
After returning home from the theater, I went with Kaylynne to *drum roll* the cupcake cafe! Our freaking favorite place! duh! we were going to deviate and go get frozen yogurt, but it was cold so we opted out. I got a hazelnut cocoa bean hot chocolate and it was so delicious. But rich, I couldn't finish it all.
And of COURSE I walked there in my cute boots! Many people have complained that they have yet to see my new cute boots so here they are! I'm applying to advertise for our favorite cafe, what do you think? could I get the job? Maybe if I practiced tying the belt on my coat to give me a little more shape...right now I look like I've gotten fat off the cupcakes! haha!
Speaking of getting fat, I just might someday, because on return home Kelli and Candace were baking amazingly delicious and perfect brownies, which I also partook of, along with the ice cream so graciously offered me by Aaron.
Will I EVER stop eating?! Stay tuned to find out. =P (though if you shook a magic 8 ball it would probably say "not likely" =P)
WHAT?! Omar made Zuppa Toscana? I LOVE THAT STUFF!!! I so wish I had been a part of that meal.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever get the recipe, please, let's have a cooking adventure and make it!
PS-On your breaks, you donate blood. On my breaks, I read your blog. haha. :p
ReplyDelete