Thursday, May 27, 2010

Episode 22: In Which Jessica Gets a Haircut and Goes to a High School Graduation

Well hello there! It's been about a week since my last entry. Sadly, nothing has happened at all. Not really anyhow. I spent most of the week staying up until weird hours of the night, skyping Andrew, calling Andrew on the phone, and texting Andrew. Also, I looked for a job but really I haven't done that nearly as much as I should. I applied at Affinity Family care, where I used to work before my mission, and at In-N-Out Burger. Nothing from either yet but its only been a week. ok...maybe 2.

This week though I DID get my hair cut. It was fun, they told me all kinds of stuff about what colors I should wear so that I look pretty and whatnot. I liked it. Also, my hair looks super cute, but I'm worried now because I have to take a shower and I'm going to wash all the pretty curls out and I'll never be able to do it again I'm sure. Sad day. That's really a bad picture...but I can't seem to find a good picture to convey the cuteness. I am genuinely concerned about washing the curls out though...don't you HATE it when you can't duplicate a salon style? Then I spend the next 6 months cursing my hair because it won't do what I want it to do!!! It's the lamest thing ever. At least it's cute now...

Did I do anything else this week? I went to Walmart. Oh! My deposit check from Glenwood came! It was nice to deposit 180 dollars into my checking. I should probably get around to paying off my student loans...gah! Why does school have to be so expensive!?! Ok ok, I need to sit down and figure out how I'm going to pay off my student loans. I don't want to have to pull out more money this next semester...think I can do it? We'll see. I actually have a Pell Grant these coming semesters. I actually got a new book on budgeting while I was in Japan and I've already finished reading it. I'm super excited to start creating my own budget. I'm such a nerd, but I suppose more than video games, this is a nerd in a good way. I'm taking a class called "Family Finances" this next semester too and am totally excited. But that's enough talk of next semester...I don't want to think about school.

So....I'll talk about high school!

I went to my sister's graduation. (She has all those pictures so I'm posting a picture of her graduation invite that I made.) Oh boy...high school graduations, a necessary evil in life. Not that I didn't enjoy my graduation, but I must say, I'm glad that we are all done with graduations now. She can join us in the land of college kids. But she actually learned from her sisters' mistakes and is going to a legitimate university right out of high school instead of silly Mesa Community College. I wish she'd come to BYU though...instead of BYUI. Oh well.

Actually, to be honest, I could care less about BYU as a school, but it did give me wonderful memories and friendships...and Andrew! So I can't complain much. I actually miss Utah a great deal and can't wait to go back. I'm restless in Arizona and as it starts to heat up, I'm lethargic. How's that for life? =P But seriously, I don't really have much of a life here in Arizona anymore. I have friends here...but my life is in Utah now and I'm happy to say that once I go back for school, I'm never coming home to Arizona to stay again! It'll just be better all around for jobs and stuff if I stay anyhow.

Unfortunately, everyone decided to get married this summer, as well as come home from their missions...so I came home this summer.

There is hope on the horizon though! Andrew is coming to visit this weekend! I'm so excited to see him!!! I'm pretty much emotionally unavailable to the world right now anyhow, but as soon as he gets here, I'm so cutting off the world. You can reach me when he goes back to Utah but for this weekend, I'm retreating into what Rebekah termed, "Andrewland". Hee hee. He's getting here tomorrow...technically way later today I guess since its about 2am. I should go to bed now so he doesn't get mad at me for staying up late =P

WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'M SO EXCITED! Am I even going to be able to sleep?!

I hope so...I still need to clean the house before he gets here.

On a funny note, Aubrey asked today where Andrew was going to be staying. When my mom replied "In Jessica's room" her eyes got real wide and she was like "WHAT!?!"

FYI, he's staying in my room while I am NOT in there. Just so you all know. But it was funny anyhow. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?