Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Episode 50: In Which Jessica Celebrates Her 50th Episode and...Gets...Stuff

HOORAY! 50 Episodes! Not 50 posts...that was like 2 posts ago because I put in a couple half episodes. But since 2 halves make a whole, does that mean my 50th post was actually the LAST post? If so, it was a good 50th post. If not, I'm gonna be hard pressed to measure up here =P

So where can I start? Well, I guess I'll start with last last Saturday. Andrew and I had a great Saturday. Andrew and I slept in and then I kinda wandered about doing...things...yes I don't even recall what I did. Oh yeah, I worked on the budget. And Andrew vacuumed the house and cleaned the living room without being asked. It was great!

After we worked through the budget, witnessed another miracle. (the miracle being that we pulled through another month with more money than expected) we went grocery shopping. We were going to wash the car but the clouds rolled in so we scratched that idea. We did buy a grill for 30 dollars though. :) It was probably one of the highlights of my life.

That picture above the TV...I hung it up all by myself! 
I've decided that I'll never be able to live in another apartment again. Not now that we've taken full advantage of having a yard available. There's the grill out back and the garden in the side yard. I'll go stir crazy in an apartment now! Plus...our stuff barely fits in our place NOW =P

Actually, after visiting a few friends apartments recently I'm even at peace with the size of my kitchen (usually) and I am definitely happy where I am.

I mean, seriously...where else is a college student going to have room to fit an 8 foot Christmas tree!? (yes, I am already planning my christmas tree :) )

The week was loooooooooong with not much to do. It seemed to take Friday forever to arrive. We did watch Hercules. I borrowed it from the library.

The weather has been taking its precious time warming up...which is probably good because once we get over 80, we'll be flooded. No joke. See, down a bit further in the valley there is this "lake" they call "Utah Lake". Really, its just a big puddle because its only like 10 feet deep at the deepest. (I could give you a whole history/geography lesson here about Lake Bonneville but won't) Anyhow, we had enough of a snowpack that the Provo River is running high and fast. And the Provo River runs right into Utah Lake so in addition to the river swelling its borders, the lake is flooding the parking lots and stuff too.

It's pretty cool I guess. No one is really freaking out too much about it so I figure there is really no cause for concern. When Utahns freak out, there usually isn't any cause for concern ANYHOW. I mean, what is a flood to a gigantic pending earthquake of doom! *gasp* Excuse me while I don't panic. I have many towels in my house so I should be fine. If I need one, I can grab it and run out the door at a moments notice. :)

And if you have no idea what that whole last couple sentences is all about. Shame on you, you unejamacated person you.

That sunday we grilled chicken on our new grill. It was delicious. Andrew takes his male role very seriously when it comes to the grill. He does all the cooking. =P I don't mind. I just take pictures. I like this picture because it makes me laugh. He looks so sad! Andrew has a very expressive face. It also makes me laugh because we look like we live in a trailer park. =P

And yes, we need to work on getting a real grill table. Yes, we are using a computer chair. We might not REALLY live in a trailer park...but we ARE college students!

Anyhow. We also got a new tent this week! Andrew and I want to start backpacking and he found this tent on steepandcheap.com for only 90 dollars. Despite the fact that I get after him for always checking steep and cheap, he does find good deals on stuff. So now, we have a tent. Now we just need a stove, and a backpack for me. And also a sleeping bag for me and hiking boots. *sigh* doesn't look like we'll be going backpacking THIS summer.


Of course, we can always rent stuff from the BYU outdoors center. The smallest pack they have is 95 liters, which is HUGE; especially given that we won't have time for a week long trek this anytime soon. I was reading on backpacking.com that a weekend pack is usually about 45-50 liters. The pack I want is 75 I believe, so really it qualifies as a week-long pack but its on the smaller size of week-long and feels GREAT on my hips and shoulders. (not that I had anything in it of course because I tried it on at the store. This is the pack I want in case anyone wants to know what I'm looking at. I thought 150 was a bit steep for a bag, but apparently...its not. MAN! Things definitely get more expensive when you get older. Back when I was a kid, my "hobby" was playing outside til my face turned red and my mom thought I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion...that was free.


So that's the stuff we got. I actually started this post like two or three weeks ago so I've mostly forgotten a lot of things. Sad day. That's lame for a super fantastic 50th post. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?