Because I'm not. I'm ready to go wring the necks of everyone in the financial aid department or at the very least, demand that they are all fired for incompetency.
I realize that the couple weeks before school are busy and they probably have a million requests pending, but that is why I started this whole process back in May. They're not even listening to my request. I had some issues on my own account earlier because BYU wanted some kind of verification of my taxes. Either I could order a tax transcript from the IRS, or I could link directly to them through my FAFSA. I had already linked to the IRS when I filed, yet BYU had no indication of that. It was easily cleared up with one phone call.
Now it is Andrew's turn. First, he went to student services and explained that his situation was similar to mine. The girl at the window didn't know what she was talking about and told him the only way was to order his tax transcripts. When Andrew told me, I stormed in there and told the girl firmly (and probably not very nicely)my own situation and that she needed to check on it. I think I scared her because she told me the FA office was closed and to deal with them through e-mail. I kinda felt bad for her, even though it was still 10 minutes before closing time, so I sent off an e-mail on behalf of Andrew.
He's been handling it since then, and like I said. It's a good thing...because I want to kill them. They can't even send a grammatically correct message void of spelling errors. No wonder they can't keep track of anything, they can't even be depended upon to edit their e-mails.
But more aggravating than that, is the fact that they are only half listening to the problem. I told them explicitly that their records were not reflecting that I had used the IRS data retrieval tool when I filed. They seem to have it stuck in their heads (several emails later) that I think BYU has no record that Andrew filed a FAFSA.
To appease them, we followed their instructions to use the IRS data retrieval tool on the FAFSA and since we already had, Andrew's FAFSA is stuck somewhere in limbo because he's made changes but hasn't made changes to his FAFSA.
Thanks BYU financial aid. You idiots. You should just waive our tuition. It would be easier on all parties.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?