Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Date Night(s)!

Andrew and I have been trying to have regular date nights lately. For January...we pretty much failed. We went out one weekend, but other than that we just lounged around most weekends and watched TV. I kinda count it as date night because we've been specifically planning to watch TV together. We're in the middle of a show called "Fringe". It's actually really gross (people's faces falling off and all that yummy stuff) and I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. Plus it's a JJ Abrams show and if anyone knows anything about LOST, it's similar to that. I HATED LOST with a passion but I couldn't help watching it because I always had to know what was going to happen. JJ Abrams is evil like that.

Luckily, I don't hate Fringe with quite the same passion. And school has been so tiring lately and the weather is as cold as always that usually, come date night, sitting in a blanket glued to the TV just sounds wonderful.

The one time we did go out, we just went out to eat. That was the weekend of delicious food (and also the weekend I got sick but the two are mutually exclusive...I think.) We went to Black Sheep Cafe and oh my goodness was that delicious! We have made plans to go back and soon. It's a place with kind of a soutwestern flair to it. The family that owns it is Native American and so they have Navajo tacos and some other stuff like enchiladas and chimichangas. That's not important. What is important is that the Navajo tacos were easily the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my life. The most perfect frybread and the most perfect blend of spices and flavors. I could eat that Navajo taco every day and never get sick of it. We wanted to try their cactus pear lemonade but because it is hand squeezed daily, they have a limited supply and we missed it by literally 2 seconds. More reasons to go back. That and the habanero orange creme brulee which we didn't try because we were full.

Saturday we went to a pizza place called Terra Mia, right by the University mall. It was highly recommended by my boss who was a mission president in Italy. We went and ordered two pizzas and it was easily the best pizza I've ever had. That's all I'm going to say about food. I hadn't originally intended to talk about that...but it was wonderful so I had to.

Anyhow, for date nights, February is shaping up to be a better month. We started off with a bang by going to see the Phantom of the Opera at BYU. I made a goal to go to more live shows because live theater beats everything (except maybe that navajo taco...) and so when I found out BYU was performing Phantom of the Opera I knew I HAD to see it. I stood in line for about half an hour and barely got tickets but I got them (back in November). It was the last showing of the play and it was a Saturday night so the tickets were more expensive than the other shows but it was worth every penny (plus it's BYU so it's not like they were THAT expensive...not like when I wanted to go see Wicked and tickets were 165 for the cheap seats...).

The play was AMAZING. As soon as the overture started, I got goosebumps everywhere. You could literally feel the pipe organ in your chest. It was awesome. There's really not much else I can say about it except that it was awesome. I forgot my camera but I took some pictures with my phone. Unfortunately my phone is being stupid and I can't seem to upload them to my computer so maybe you'll see pictures, maybe you won't. They're not THAT exciting anyhow.

After the play, we were going to go out for root beer floats but the play got out too late so we decided to make our own. I forgot that it was Super Bowl weekend. There was not a bottle of root beer to be found in the whole state of Utah. That's an exaggeration, they had some at Macey's...but it was nearly gone and it WAS completely gone at Smith's. There was only one bottle of diet root beer left at Smith's. Lot's of days, I am sad that I live in Mormon-ville. This was one of them. =P

Oh, the pictures worked. Here you go. :)






2 comments:

  1. Yes, keep going to those live performances so I can live through you! I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. I was feeling pretty lame for not having kids the other day so I decided to make a "before the baby" bucket list. So far the only thing on it is live performances, impromptu road trips, and week long backpacking trips. Few of which I will ever do before we have kids I'm sure.

      If we lived in Arizona I would babysit your kids so you could go to live performances more. I love your kids...even though I haven't met William. =P

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?