I got a new phone last Saturday. I wanted a flip phone but Sprint has a notoriously lame selection of flip phones. The only one they had was clearly made for old people because it had a gigantic 911 button right in the middle of it. So I got the cheapest smartphone they had. I didn't WANT a smart phone because all I ever use my phone for is phone calls and texting. I did email and kept grocery lists on my old phone too, but I didn't NEED that.
On Saturday however, I discovered the app that my phone was designed for. I was making my grocery list and I was going to put it into my phone when I thought, "I bet they have an app for this kind of thing". I ran a search for a grocery list app and my life was forever changed. Not only could this app keep my grocery list for me, but I could inventory my whole pantry and keep track of everything in there. And to make it easier, it had a barcode scanner so I didn't have to type it all in.
An hour later, Andrew came into the kitchen to find all our food on the kitchen floor and his wife in the midst of it all, phone in hand, happily scanning barcodes.
At least now when I go to the store I'll KNOW when I'm out of flour so I can stop with the "3 open bags of flour" deal. =P
LMAO...I can totally picture that too...
ReplyDeleteI'm telling ya tho...Smatphones are MAGIC!
If the Amish knew about them...their entire religion would crumble.
Just. Sayin.
:P
Probably true. I still don't use my phone for much besides that app but that app alone is worth every of free that I spent. :p
DeleteI'm glad you found amusement I'm that post though. I was worried everyone would slowly turn of their computers and make a mental note never to talk to me again because I'm crazy :p
*In that post
Delete