My grades aren't in yet, though I believe they are due tomorrow. Luckily I can look most things up on Learning Suite so I only have one class I don't know about, and considering I got at least a B on all the tests, I think I'm ok.
The happiest news of grades came in yesterday, I got a C in stats! I would normally be unhappy with a C (in this major anyhow, normally if I can scrape by with a D I'm good =P) but this was stats. It was a C, actually a C+ to be exact. Considering I was shooting for a 70 even (yes, I did go through the trouble of thinking "I can get a 17/150 on this final and still get a 70"), I'm pretty darn happy with my grade. We're still on track for graduation.
Speaking of graduation, is it even going to happen? Maybe not in December as planned, some people might get in the way of my finals. And by "some people" I mean Baby Powell, who put on a wonderful performance at the doctors yesterday and was wiggling away on the ultrasound and had a very good heartbeat.
That was the happiest news of all, especially since I was TERRIFIED to go to the ultrasound in the first place. I could seriously be on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" (except for the ever obvious sign of pregnancy, a missed period) because I've had absolutely no symptoms. I spent the last 4 weeks thinking I had somehow killed the baby because I was forced to sit through a 5 hour final with no food or something. Ok maybe it wasn't that dramatic, but I did think something was wrong.
One might think that a nausea free pregnancy is a dream, but it's not. At least not until after you are SURE that the baby is alive.
But seriously, I feel totally normal despite the apparently healthy baby. Go figure. Well, I'm glad everything is fine.
Anyhow, Baby Powell is due on December 4th. That's two weeks before finals. Of course if the baby comes much earlier than December, I'm going to miss a LOT of school, not just finals so I'm hoping to at least make it past Thanksgiving (which is really only a week before the due date anyway). After Thanksgiving the semester is pretty much over anyway. Luckily I go to BYU; they're well equipped to deal with people having babies before finals.
But we'll deal with that when the time comes. Right now everything is peachy. I don't ever have to take a math class again, summer is here (wonderful weather lately), and Baby Powell is as healthy can be!
Congrats!!!! On everything of course :) And it is very easy to feel like you aren't pregnant during those first few months unless you get cursed with morning sickness.
ReplyDeleteHaha so I already know what Baby Powell is getting from us :P I was originally thinking "oh I hope it's a boy so I can do ____" and then realized that you would love it for a girl too. Then more ideas came!
DeleteAw you don't have to do anything, but it sounds like you'll have fun with it so I'm sure we'll love it. You're so much more for crafty stuff than I am. It's awesome. :)
DeleteI was JUST about to contact ya to ask you how the appointment went!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Im SO flipping excited to meet the baby in December!!!! ^-^!!!!
(BTW - We still need to get together! - I am More than happy to accompany you on various food-craving related outings, should you want some company! ;P )
Oh! And congrats on your grades!!!
Delete(Sheesh! Since when do I care more about kiddos than academics?!? I guess marriage changes a person XP).
I think it probably has less to do with marriage and more to do with the fact that the baby was the last thing I wrote about/the obviously more important thing. I always comment on the last thing on the blog =P
DeleteThanks!