Last week marks the third week we didn't go geocaching. We didn't even try actually. The first week, the reference desk was closed. The next week, we checked out the unit early but at the last minute our friends who we were going to go with called and said one of them wasn't feeling well enough to go running all over town; we did dinner and a board game with them instead.
That was fun and probably honestly my favorite dates involve making dinner and playing board games (especially in NOT my own kitchen =P). I guess everyone has their personal fall back date and even though it might get routine, it works for them. And I guess at least this is one I can keep up relatively well even after the baby comes, so that's good. :)
The night after our date with our friends, I managed probably the most graceful event of my life. I fell off the bed and dislocated my toe. It was actually so comical at the time that I actually look back on the event fondly. =P
I had it taped all last week and it's mostly better, but I can't wear anything but flip flops and because I'm pregnant and prone to swelling, I can't manage on my feet for extended periods of time. So, we didn't even bother putting geocaching on the calendar.
If anyone else tries geocaching, let me know how it goes. In the meantime, does anyone else have any fall back dates that they always seem to end up doing?
A movie and dessert after the kids are in bed is our fall back. Or reading a book together....when we have one....I need to put our next book on hold at the library....
ReplyDeleteI wish Andrew and I could read a book together. We like completely different genres of books and I might be able to sit through a sci-fi movie, but don't have the patience for a book. One of my favorite dates was when we built a blanket fort, filled it with pillows, and tried to listen to the Count of Monte Cristo on CD. We were asleep before the end of the first chapter though. =P
Delete