So the long awaited day of the Jane Austen Ball came on Friday. Oh my goodness it was so much fun!!! But let's start at the beginning. I went with Kelli on Friday after school to get our hair done at the Paul Mitchell School of Beauty. They were doing everyone's hair for free that day so it was packed with girls. We still didn't have to wait long though and soon I had ALL my hair piled on top of my head. ^_^ I never realize how much hair I have until its sitting on top of my head =P
Once we were done with the photoshoot, Andrew came to pick me up and we were off to the dance! I have a picture I could put in here but all the pictures are crowding up here so I won't. Sorry, there just isn't a whole lot to say about getting ready, what do you want me to do?
We had dinner first and then we went upstairs for dance instruction. Oh, I should mention that the dance was at a mansion like clubhouse at a golf course. It was amazing! Anyhow, so we ate dinner and then went upstairs to the ballroom for dance instruction. It was ballroom dance...which...I'm OK at I guess. Only cuz Andrew is a good lead and I seem to have gotten over my stubborness about leading and following and dancing or whatever. Before when I used to go swing dancing I would get reprimanded for not following the lead properly. *shrug*
Anyhow, I think with a little more practice we could have gotten it down, but there were a lot of people in there so we opted just to go downstairs and look for Emily who had disappeared. We ended up staying down there just talking for a while before they started the period dance instruction. Oh yes, that was what I had been waiting for. It was sooooo much fun! I don't know how we went from those dances (which are just a whole lot of skipping and laughing) to...whatever we do now...but it was SO much fun! I loved it!
We also got our pictures taken and sat in the same room as they were playing parlor games in. We never played because I kept insisting on trying to find Emily, who...after about 8pm, I never did see again. =P
So after the dance ended we headed home and watched the Best Two Years cuz its TOTALLY related to Jane Austen right? Ok so we're returned missionary nerds...big deal!!! =P Of course, I had to put my pajamas on for the movie...I didn't want to watch it in my dress. Andrew and Rebekah helped me take my hair our and I STILL haven't counted all the bobby pins but I promise there is more than 100. =P
After the movie Rebekah and I gathered our stuff and prepared to go camp out outside the Belmont Apartments so we could get a contract for next semester. When we got there though, there was no line because the contracts were already gone! Geez! So much for that idea! So Andrew took us home and I went to bed in my nice warm bed instead of the cold hard ground. Was I relieved? Not really, I was looking forward to the adventure of sleeping outside the apartments. =P
I was supposed to hang out with Hellewell choro cuz he was coming up from Vegas to visit but that plan fell through. Andrew and I decided to play games anyhow...but as with many things...it took us forever to actually get around to the actual activity. First, Rhiannon came in and turned on the BYU basketball game just as we were about to leave. I have NEVER been so into basketball in my life. I was squirming all over the place and praying for missed freethrows like crazy! It was a SUPER close game but alas, in the end we lost. Undefeated on our home court until last Saturday...stupid New Mexico. -__- That state isn't even cool! I can't even think of ONE thing in New Mexico worth going to...let's give it to Mexico. Oh wait...I guess there's Carlsbad Caverns...curse you! You were saved by your National Park you cursed state!!!! *shakes fist*
after Denny's we played Uno and Picture Phone before everyone disappeared and went their seperate ways. It was kind of surprising how quickly it went from a group of like 10 to just Andrew and I but meh, I'm not really complaining. I don't think we did much but talk after that though cuz we didn't have time for a movie before curfew.
Sunday was Bridger's homecoming. Gah...its just too weird calling him Bridger. Anyhow, why can I call everyone else by their first names but not Elder Harris? Hmm? I don't get it. Well, I take that back, I don't think I can call Elder Howe by his first name either.
Anyhow, it was SOOO much fun being able to see my elders come full circle from the MTC to their homecoming talks. I don't think I could stop smiling through his whole talk, I'm so proud of all of my elders!
He smirked and told me "Sister Halliday, you didn't used to sit this close to missionaries"
I laughed sorta nervously but he told us we looked good so I figured we had the OK from President. =P PHEW! Now I just need best friend consent! I hope Ali doesnt kill me! Oh yeah...I should probably mention the obvious...Andrew and I are dating. ^_^
After Sacrament, we waiting for AAA to come cuz Devin locked his keys in the car and then we went to Bridger's for free food. We didnt' go to see HIM of course =P Then we headed home. I got home just in time for my ward and Kelli insisted that I get into my Jane Austen dress again so I quickly changed, put my hair up and contacts in, and it was off to church! I love dressing up...and I love those pearls I wore in my hair...I gotta find another way to wear them again! =P
After church was a little stressful because I'm a bum and didn't do my visiting teaching but it was ok. Andrew came over to make me feel better and we had a good time laughing together with the rest of my roommates. Oh how I love my roommates, they're all so fun! ^___^ I got so lucky with the apartment that I moved into! ^_^
there was something in those cookies, and it wasn't coconut!!!!!!! ;)
ReplyDelete