Sunday, April 18, 2010

Episode 18: In Which Jessica Realizes How the Temple Can Make Amazing Things More Amazing and Begins Her Finals

Welcome back to my life! I've come into quite a bit of time now that school is pretty much over. I have 2 finals left. Chemistry and Japanese...Monday, back to back, 3 hours each, Chemistry starts at 7am. Oh. Joy. Can you just feel the enthusiasm!? If you can, kudos to you and your imagination...I feel that imagination is a dying species and I'm glad you still have one.

Moving on from the mundane. I GOT NEW SHOES!!! K, so that's a little out of order but I have to tell you all, I am SO cool with my cute new sandals! I'd post a picture of them for you but unfortunately I left my purse at church...or in andrew's car...and my camera is in there. I sure hope that its in Andrew's car because I walked back up to church and there was no sign of my purse...(edit: found my purse...here's a picture of my shoes, yes my feet are white...but not usually THAT white. anyhow, deal with it)

Anyhow, this week has been...fun...ish. Finals week is something bittersweet. Bitter because you find yourself studying (or in my case I find my boyfriend studying while I contemplate the action but never actually do much about it) and NOT seeing my boyfriend...but sweet because it means school is over. Oh...and that I have to go back to Arizona eventually and also not see my boyfriend...so really I guess its almost all bitter. But hey! who's counting!?!

Wednesday I packed up my room and Andrew helped me put it into storage. My room is super empty and kinda creepy at night now...specially since Rhiannon isn't ever here anymore. After that we went back to his place and played Zelda like all day. Don't get me wrong, Zelda is cool...but by the end of the day we both kinda felt like something was off. We talked about it and decided that while spending all our time together is fun and not necessarily bad, we should probably be *gulp* responsible. So we decided not to see each other until both of us had finished our studying/errands or whatever each day.

It went into effect Thursday...for Andrew. While he was being responsible, I ran off with Erica to go to lunch because Nakamatsu shimai had come into town and they were in Provo. =P So much for being responsible. haha! And then lunch of course extended to visiting the Museum of Art on the BYU campus...and the MTC...There are pictures but I can't post them because they are on my camera which is once again...not here.

Anyhow, after playing with Erica I ran home and Kiku came and picked me up so I could go to her bachelorette party. Umm...yeah...remind me not to have one of those. I'd rather have a Bridal Shower over one of those thanks...and that's saying something cuz I'm pretty much morally opposed to those as well. I can't handle too much girl time...makes me crazy. =P

Andrew came and picked me up after a couple hours and we watched Planet 51. It was actually a pretty good movie. Good choice Andrew! ^__^ I very much enjoyed my time with Andrew...but still something was off and I could only deduce that it was because I still hadn't been responsible that day. Studying done? ZERO!

The next day was Friday and so began my finals. I went to take my Book of Mormon final and it took 3 hours...and I didn't even have to wait in line to get it. It was 3 straight hours of test. I don't know how I survived.

After I got out, Andrew came and picked me up and we went to the temple. YAY! I got my temple dress on Tuesday so I didn't have to rent clothes this time! I was happy ^_^ My dress is so pretty! Thank you very much to my cousin Courtney for making it. It's very slippery though so I had the hardest time folding it back in the dressing room =P

After the temple we went to the Malt Shoppe for dinner. I felt SO much more relaxed than I had in a while and things were just so much better. Whatever it was that had been off between me and Andrew seemed to have disappeared as well. Then it hit me! It was cuz I hadn't been to the temple in like 3 weeks!!! As soon as I went to the temple everything was right again!!! It is amazing how the temple can fix things you don't even know existed, and at the same time make amazing things MORE amazing!

Andrew and I had a good time together at the Malt Shoppe. I played with the jukebox (which has AMAZING songs...almost all classic rock or oldies) and we just talked and laughed and talked some more...and ate...cuz that's why we went there in the first place. It was like we had just met each other all over again. I'll spare you the sentimental feelings, but it was amazing. I love the temple. ^_^

Unfortunately, he still had studying to do and I still had studying to do so we had to part ways and I went to...pretend to study some more. Well ok, I DID study...but it wasn't til later at night cuz everyone was having a study party in the living room and it was too distracting. After everyone left to go see a movie I actually studied. Then, I went to campus Saturday morning to take my test and got a 64 percent on it! woot! that was a facecious statement of course, but I still maintain my grade in the class so why worry about it. *shurg*

I sold my book back and I was SO done with that class. (Human Development). I got 59 dollars for it and that is where I got my new shoes! I needed new shoes anyhow, my tennis shoes were dying, seriously.

Anyhow, I went to a park with Andrew and we just laid down on the grass and relaxed. Then it got a little to warm to just lay there so...we...rolled down the hill? Hey! don't judge us! Just cuz we know how to have fun! It's been so long since I rolled down a hill! We were so dizzy when we got to the bottom! =P Andrew was happy cuz he got grass stains on his pants. Then we raced each other up the hill cept andrew cheated and held me back...nevermind I was trying to get a head start. haha.

After we got to the top we put our shoes back on (this is when we decided I needed new shoes) and he started running away from me!! So I chased after him and when he saw I was closing the gap he ran faster...so I ran faster...too fast. My feet got ahead of me and I ate it on the grass, tumbling head over heels and getting ginormous grass stains on my knees. They were bigger than Andrew's grass stains so I felt pretty proud. and of all the falls I've ever taken, that was the most graceful. No broken bones! not even a bruise!

So we went and walked around the mall a little and I bought my new shoes at payless. They were having a sale so I bought a new pair of sneakers and a cute pair of sandals. then we came home...and watched The Big Bang Theory, a hilarous TV show...that I can only take for so long because of the ridiculously obsessive complusive know it all character in it. So I left Andrew to watch it while I gave myself a pedicure. Now I have cute toes to go in my cute sandals! WHEE!

That's pretty much my life. I'm meeting Andrew's parents today. Actually technically I already met them because I've already been to church today...but I'm not going to write about that in this entry...it can have its own entry. As a replacement, please accept this picture of my quite obviously deformed boyfriend that I took as we were waiting for Alex. I think I need to work on not always trying to be cute all the time. haha! bye!

1 comment:

  1. So much for studying :P and boy are your blogs long! Hurray for you coming to AZ

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?