Thursday, April 29, 2010

Episode 20: In Which We Find Jessica FINALLY Packed for Japan

I'm sitting on my bed, Jessica is asleep behind me. I'm excited to go to Japan! But I'm nervous too...this is my first time really doing it on my own. I speak the language and I'm meeting up with friends while I'm there, but there's so much to keep track of! It's like being senior companion all over again!

In other news, this week I've pretty much been missing Andrew terribly. People tell me it will get better, people tell me long distance was the hardest thing they've ever done...people tell me a lot of things. The only thing I know right now is that its not fun at all. I'm hoping it gets better, at least that we'll find things to keep us occupied or something. I'm sure on his end, school will pick up, and I'm hoping he can find a job. I'm also hoping I can find a good job too...but I'm already counting down the days until 4th of July when I can see him again (provided all goes as planned) and I'm still trying to figure out a faster way to see him.

What can I say? I live in an age of instant gratification? A reward is only as good as how fast you can get it, right?

Haha, ok ok, I know...some things are worth waiting for, and trust me, Andrew is. But that doesn't mean that if there is a faster way to see him, I'm going to sit by and not try to find it. =P

I went to church at my home ward on Sunday...that was kind of weird. I can literally count on one hand the number of families I recognized. Ok...maybe 2 hands.

Oh man, going back to Japan, I can't wait to see everyone! Especially Nagase shimai! I love her! She was my favorite companion...we'll be companions forever! Or at least friends...I suppose someday I have to find a REAL eternal companion... =P

We're going to go to Hiroshima, Kyoto, and Hida Takayama too while we're in Japan. I'm super excited for that! I've never been outside of Tokyo. No...that's a lie, I've been to Kyoto. But I'm excited to go again!!!

This is going to be fun! And I'll be home just in time for Andrew's birthday! hooray! Well, I should go to bed. I might update my blog while I'm in Japan...I might not. We'll see. ^__^

1 comment:

  1. the only wise words of wisdom i can impart on the waiting thing are... at least he's not on a mission... =D time flies ;) or so they tell me... HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?