Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Episode 40: In Which Jessica Responds to Positive Reinforcement and Attends a Dinner Party.

"I'm still practicing this whole 'husband' thing, give me time" Andrew told me this morning.

I thought it was a really funny thing for him to say, honestly, since first off, we're equal in experience now. This is no longer a case of "I've had boyfriends before and sorta kinda know what I'm doing". I've never had a husband before, and so obviously I've never been a wife before. We both have 3 weeks of experience.

Personally, I think Andrew is doing quite well for his limited experience. :)

But this isn't so much about what an amazing husband Andrew is, but more about the things an amazing husband can in inspire in you.

I've been looking at our wedding photos lately. They're cute. We're cute. But something has been nagging at me.

Last night we went to dinner at our neighbors apartment. We live in a house that has been subdivided into 4 different apartments. We all gathered together as newlyweds (the veteran couple has been married since august) and had a great time getting to know each other.

One of the girls in our house makes wedding cakes, among numerous other things that would take too long to list. I had mentioned that I did photography once upon a time and so one of our other neighbors said she was making a list of people who could provide wedding services and asked if I still did photography.

I hesitated before answering, I'm really not that good...I don't have the training to be relied upon to document such an important occasion as a wedding. Before I could say anything, Andrew jumped in and said "Yes".

I looked at him and he continued, "She's really good. She did engagement photos for some of our friends and they turned out really well"

I blushed and quietly admitted that I still did photography.

I went home and thought about it.

I would love to do wedding photography. I really enjoyed doing the engagement pictures for my friends. And I would love to find all the fun locations around the area to get interesting shots.

That was what had been nagging me. I wanted to do photography again.

I don't have the means to take any classes, so for now I have to rely on online tutorials and photography books, and any advice from more experienced friends *cough* Kaylynne *cough cough* =P

I'll be super busy with school, but I'm sure I'll find a way to do this. After all, I have a very supportive husband. :)

1 comment:

  1. (Obviously I'm the most ridiculously lame friend ever since I'm only just NOW catching up on your blog! Gomen-freaking-nasai, by which I mean I'm so freaking sorry! :p )

    IDK that I'd call myself more experienced - I'm just obsessed to the point of practically soaking up photography informations - doesn't mean I do a WHOLE lot with it tho lol --- But thank you for the compliment! ^_^

    I'm SUPER excited for you to be majoring in photography! :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?