YAY! I HAS A JOB!!!
I'll be working at the FHSS (Family Home and Social Sciences) department as an alumni relations specialist. Basically I have a HUGE long list of alumni to call and update their records. I start on Friday.
In other news, BYU is gay and made me change my name on their records so that it matched my social security card...so basically I can't have my middle name on my school records anymore. LAME! It's totally not my fault that the stupid government can't fit my whole name on my social security card.
Anyhow, in other other news, Andrew and I are pretty much moved in to the apartment. We've met all our neighbors and love them. Well, most of them. We haven't really had extended relations with the people on the south side of us. But we have had many occasions to talk with our other neighbors and they're really cool.
Drew and Jennifer had us and all the other couples living in the house (Our apt is a house that has been all divided up) to dinner the other day. It was really fun. The conversation made me laugh because we've all only been married for a little while (The veterans are at 6 months) so the conversation went in this order:
1. How did everyone meet
2. How did he propose
3. How much longer do you have left in school
4. What are you studying
5. Childbirth
That last one was actually brought on because one of the girls here is an RN and works in labor and delivery.
Andrew and I got a new game. It's called Pandemic. I love board games and Andrew said we could use some of the wedding money to buy one board game. I had to consider my options carefully because I wanted a really good game. I asked the worker at the store what a good two player game was and she recommended Pandemic.
The basics of the game are that there are 4 diseases threatening to wipe out humanity and you have to stop them. Its a cooperative game, the players against the board. We haven't even had it a week and we've played it 5 times already...maybe more.
It's pretty addicting.
On sunday, I had a cold so I slept most of the day. Monday, I felt better and while Andrew was at work I broke down all the boxes and put all the wrapping paper and stuff in garbage bags. Its so nice to have a home that's not overrun with boxes!
We got an entertainment center off craigslist for 20 dollars and it looks great. It really helps pull the whole room together and its perfect for all our consoles. Now to work on bookshelves and endtables. Andrew and I decided not to get a coffee table right now because we enjoy how open the living room is without it.
Tuesday I was still feeling a little ill, probably cuz I did so much on Monday, and I had to work ALL day on math homework. I hate calculus. I was in a pretty bad mood after that but Andrew made us ramen (we got a package from his brother with REAL ramen in it!) and then he filled a bath with hot water and bubbles for me. It was very relaxing.
Unfortunately, today, he woke up with my cold. I spent from about 5am til 7am getting up and down to get tissues, a thermometer, and trying different things to try to get him feeling ok enough to get some good sleep. He couldn't really breathe all night so he never got into a deep sleep. Finally around 8am he was able to sleep and now he's at work and he'll probably be way tired when he gets home. Which is precisely why I need to go make dinner now. Ok, see you!
it stinks you BOTH got sick within a week of each other... when I'm sick, greg somehow escapes from being sick, and when he's sick I somehow escape it... don't know how that happens. How fun that you were able to get together with your neighbor friends! Those get-togethers are always full of laughter :)
ReplyDeleteI love cheap/nice stuff~ craigslist gets my approval as a poor-newlymarried-college student. ;p you should post pics of your decorated apt!!!
yeah I don't know how that works either natalee...we get sick at the same time cuz we kiss each other/share a bed. Given that I would assume you and greg do the same... =P
ReplyDeleteAnyhow. Yes. I love craigslist. That's where we found our apartment too. I'll post pictures...someday...but I'm lazy now. I'd check facebook before here...but they aren't there either =P
Wahoo! I caught up on your posts! I think it helps that they've gotten shorter these past couple months :P and stop getting sick like everyone!
ReplyDelete