Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Episode 58: In Which Jessica Is On Her Lunch Break And Has A Pet Peeve Named Steeve

So first off, yes, I meant to spell Steeve with two e's. Now that that is out of the way, hello from lunch break. I have been working full time for almost a week now (since last thursday) so now the house has 2 full timers. Mine is a temporary position and will probably go back to part time in August but we will see. It's good though because Andrew and I are going on vacation at the beginning of August so this extra work now will help make up for the money we won't have while we aren't working. So basically the timing couldn't be more perfect, isn't it great the way the Lord blesses you when you pay your tithing?

So moving on, I have this pet peeve and it gets a lot of attention here at work. I call it the "I got a call from this number..." peeve. Or for short, Steeve...because it rhymes with peeve.

See, it has ALWAYS bugged me the way that since the invention of caller ID people can't leave a missed call alone.

Sure, if I'm at work and my husband calls and it says "missed call from Andrew Powell" then I will call back. Likewise, if it says "missed call from 555-555-5555" AND "1 new voice message" I'll probably call back. But NEVER have I called a random number JUST because they called me.

Sometimes, if my friends call and don't leave a message I won't call back either because I figure, it wasn't important. But I digress.

I hate it when people call you back and are like "I got a call from this number..." Good for you.

So here at work I make a ton of calls in a day, and sometimes, I misdial. It's what happens. So its super awkward when people people call us back. Now, I realize that the Caller ID says "BYU" and so a lot of people think its probably important and call back so I can't get that upset over it, though I think that if it were of any importance, BYU would leave a message. But this has always bothered me especially when people call my personal phone back because "they got a call from this number..."

But that's enough about my pet peeve.

Today we measured Jeff. He kept insisting that he was 5'10" but we discovered he was 5'9". He's still insisting that he's 5'9 AND A HALF (he says if we write it, we HAVE to spell it all out like that) but Kimera and I measured him, we know he's in denial =P

Work is long, but its fun. I'm here by myself in the mornings but in the afternoons, Jeff and Kimera are here and since its summer and the office isn't so busy, we find time to joke around. It's fun, though my sides end up in pain from laughing so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?