Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Commercial Break

In case you hadn't noticed...this blog kinda has the theme of being a running tv series. I don't write my entries like that anymore but if you take note, there are actually a couple things on the blog that denote a kind of "tv show" theme. Take a look, it could be fun. Or not.

Anyhow, I am interrupting my usual blogging for a quick commercial.

If you've been following the blog for any amount of time, you know that Jessica is a little bit a lot a bit food oriented. So I have this proposal if you're interested. (like how I bolded that to bring your attention to it? I'm cool)

I mentioned before that I'm using Google+. I use it partially as a facebook substitute and partially for my photography. Well, photography has been slow and I got to thinking "hey! this whole circle thing could be used for so much more" So here it is. My idea. The proposal that I'm finally getting around to.

A Recipe Circle


If you aren't familiar with how Google+ circles work, they basically just allow you share with a limited audience. In the case of this circle, it would group all my food loving friends together so that I can share something relevant to them, something they'd be interested in.

Think of it as an interactive recipe blog of sorts. I already have several recipes I've tried and am willing to share with people and I'm always looking for more.

So this is a commercial of sorts to invite you to participate in this. The best part about google+ is that its attached to your gmail so its not another website you have to go to (if you use gmail) and also, that you don't HAVE to be a member of it for me to share with you. I can just e-mail my posts to you. (though if you want to share as well, I might recommend signing up for G+...I have 150 invites if you want one)

So dear friends, if you would like to participate in my recipe sharing circle let me know. If I don't have your e-mail, mine is chunkymonkey921@gmail.com so you can email it to me and I can add you.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa... Recipes... I like recipes that I don't have to buy random ingredients for :D I don't have Google+ though. I'm not sure what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, what do you mean "random ingredients"? Like random as in you never use it? or you've never heard of it. It could go both ways I guess, I mean I just made a recipe using fennel...that was random. But I also made some truffles that called for salted pretzels and that was random just cuz I don't normally buy them.

    Either way, I have lots of recipes and am always finding more. Google+ is just googles new social networking site. Its nice because it allows me to catergorize people by my relationship with them (friends, family, aquaintances) and then if say I was pregnant, I could just make a post only everyone close to me could see and leave that random "from my anatomy class 3 semesters ago" person out of it.

    I can also make groups for interests so that people who care about cooking can see my cooking posts but those who don't, don't have to.

    It's cool...ish...its kinda slow right now. =P

    But you're the only one who has shown any interest in any kind of recipe exchange so we could just do it through e-mail if you want. :)

    *pant pant* k I'm done now. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. k, I just totally scanned your comment, and saw the word "pregnant". you... you... you... ;) haha

    hey, I'm all for recipe exchange! I just don't come to check on blogs as often as I should I guess. I know what Adrianna is talking about though... some recipes call for the strangest thing, and you're like "and you think i have one of THOSE in my cupboards?!?!" so then you end up going to the grocery store buying that ONE thing. ha
    Google Plus, is it? I don't know what that is either... i have a gmail account but don't use it. maybe i should start using it??

    I LOVE FOOD!
    the end.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?