Not much to report. D&C is well...just as one would imagine D&C to be. My other class on Tuesday was 2d design. I should back up to a long time ago for this one.
Once upon a time, Jessica took a color class at MCC. Basically, she failed it.
Ok now you know the backstory so I'll just say the class has come back from the grave and is masquerading about as 2D design.
Luckily, thus far the class seems to be sans paint...which is what made the first class hard.
Anyhow, moving on now, 2D design is the class that worries me the most. Aside from the material scaring me, I already feel as though I've lost track of it so I'm a bit overwhelmed.
The good news is that my teacher is from Scotland so I pay extremely close attention in class just so I can listen to her accent. =P
Today I went to the dentist to get my cavities filled from the last visit. They numbed me up pretty good (like I'm talking, the right side of my face was numb up to my eye....talk about a strange feeling...or lack thereof) so the appointment itself wasn't too bad. I even got to watch a documentary on China while I was there.
Now the novacaine is worn off and I have a very sore jaw. Luckily, I only chewed on my tongue once so I don't have bite marks all over my tongue to top it off. Nope, just a sore jaw from holding my mouth open for an hour and a half. The swelling is gone now too so I'm pretty much normal.
I want a Jamba Juice but I was carrying all my art stuff today and I didn't want to deal with the line...maybe when Andrew gets home. Oh...that reminds me...we were supposed to have tacos tonight...I might want to rethink that.
I got my first drawing assignment. 3 hours of gesture drawing. that sounds like a lot but I find that gesture drawing is actually quite relaxing. And I'm glad to report that gesture drawings are supposed to look messy and crappy so no one can tell if I suck or not.
Also glad to report that it seems that I am not the worst artist in the class. Not the best...but not the worst. Don't ask me how I know...like I said, who can judge on gesture drawings?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?