Well, that was fast. After I wrote that last blog, Andrew was finally accepted into the class he needed and as soon as that was added, financial aid came to the rescue. We'll get some back from that and then...books.
Luckily we found all his books on Amazon for significantly less than the bookstore. Sadly though, this new course has a pretty pricey textbook...more than all the other textbooks combined. But what can you do? It's just one of those things that comes with being a student. It could be much worse...my friend and her husband spent 1000 dollars on books. Ouch.
But we all have out monetary trials and mine comes in the form of dental work. Speaking of, I need to call them and double check my appt because I SWORE it was next wednesday but they had me confirm the appt for Sept 7th. (I have an appointment then too.) But I'm just wondering what happened to my August appt.
Mysterious.
So financial worries "out of the way" (are they ever?) I'm starting to get nervous about school. Less about school and more about admission into a certain competitive program on campus. Oh wait...I just described ALL the programs on campus.
I asked Andrew to give me a blessing this week so we'll probably do that Sunday.
It's a students life. 5 more years of this at least.
Then there is trying to figure out how to do meals. I'm not really worried about that...that's what I thrive on. If any of you knew me growing up you'd wonder what happened to me...I wonder what happened to me. But creating budgets and menus is like my life's blood, especially the menus...I get a thrill out of the challenge.
I'm sick. I know.
But anyhow, school will throw another challenge into the whole thing. It's like the expansion pack for Pandemic...only there's no bio-terrorist. Hopefully. =P
And of course...when I can win without cheating...we'll have to throw in the "life with a baby" expansion pack. And then the "life with kids...and possibly a picky eater" expansion pack. I lied...there might be a bio-terrorist after all.
Isn't life great!? =P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?