Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Episode 98: In Which Jessica Is Awesome

The results are in and it is official. I will be featured in the student art show! I was one of 13 students chosen (out of a class of 26). That probably doesn't seem like a big deal but it is. These things don't happen to me everyday.

So for all who are curious. This is the work that will be featured.


And if you're tilting your head to see it, no, I didn't forget to rotate it. Yes, it is a tree, but I was going for the abstracted image created by this orientation.

And that folks, is mostly it. Other than that I've just been scrambling to finish my drawing project all while making 7 liters of apple cider and about 80 molasses cookies. Oh. And working full time. But hey, gotta get the Christmas presents done before people skip town! (kaylynne, you were too fast. I'll have to give you something when you get home =P)



3 comments:

  1. I love the level of detail within the texture and your use of rule of 1/3rds!

    Awww, you don't have to give me anything - your friendship is enough (and like, totally the best gift ever!!!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psh. I'll give you something anyhow. =P

    Thanks! I really like the detail too. Originally I was going to turn in a less contrasty version but I decided to be brave and try this. (Is it considered brave to try something you can just ctrl+z if you don't like it?)

    Anyhow, this was the result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too awesome!

    I think it's still brave, because even with the ability to hit ctrl+z or even if you had 2 versions - it still came down to turning one of them in, and you chose to turn in the one that made you feel just a little uneasy. <- Which is usually a good sign that you're doing something to grow artistically! :)

    I do like the result!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?