Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Commercial Holidays!

I don't really believe in Valentines day, or rather, I don't believe in celebrating it. I mean, why should I make a huge deal out of something I'm supposed to do every day anyhow?

Oh, because I get food. That's why.

For me, Valentines day is just an excuse to eat things that I normally don't. An excuse to make waffles in the morning. And an excuse to eat chocolate cake. An excuse to buy Filet Mignon at the store and cook it up.

So it's not Valentines day, but that's the reason Filet Mignon was on sale and also the reason we bought it. We cooked it up tonight because we have more time tonight than we will on Tuesday, and also because well, we wanted to eat it today.


Yes, I know you're jealous. I have steak and the most amazing husband and a nice camera. It's ok though, life is not perfect. My kitchen is too small to actually back up enough to get the whole meal into the frame with my 200-300mm macro lens.

The funny story? After I ate this steak, I realized that I have a shorter macro lens. =P Oh well. Live and learn.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go serve myself up some ooey and gooey chocolate cake from the crockpot. :)

4 comments:

  1. Cake in a crock pot?! Maybe you should share how to do that because I have NEVER heard of it but it certainly sounds tempting... By the way, I'm still reading all/most of your posts, just haven't been able to commment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriana! I figured you might still be reading but as I had not seen a post from you for a long time, I also figured you probably didn't have internet access. I'll make a post about the cake today. :)

      Delete
  2. Wait wait wait wait....You mean to tell me that it is possible to bake a cake...in a crock pot!?!!?!
    I demand a post on that topic alone! :p

    No but seriously...from scratch or can you do it with a box mix?
    I'm ridiculously intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooh! my reply link is working! Hooray! Anyhow, I will make a post about that later today. It's really easy, it's all from a box mix. :)

      ...aren't you on a diet? =P

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?