Probably not, because the last time I went was almost 2 years ago and at that point, I had faked a dislocated knee 10 minutes in and spent the rest of the night in the lodge. In my defense, I HAD dislocated my knee...I just had also happened to have relocated it and pretended it still hurt.
aaaaaaaaaanyhow. That was almost 2 years ago.
This:
was yesterday.
Yep. Yesterday I went skiing again. Sometimes, when you are married, you do things you really don't want to do just for the sake of your husband. It just so happened that this weekend, he could find no other skiing buddy except for me and so I had to put on my brave face for him.
Let's not think that Jessica is a completely loving and selfless human being. I was extremely conflicted all week and nearly bailed several times. In fact, I nearly bailed at the resort too, but Andrew is a wonderful husband and even though he's far and above my skiing level, he stuck with me and helped me each step of the way. And to be honest, I kind of DID want to go.
If I got nothing more out of the day than a bruised tailbone and a sense of pride that I was able to face my fears (with many tears and shaking legs) for my husband, then it would be worth it. But I did get more out of the day. I got to see just a little bit of something that Andrew really really loves and I have a greater appreciation for it.
Will I go again?
Probably only if they can design a way for me to fly up the slope and skip the whole stupid lift thing. I never fell on the slope...just getting off the lift. It is not my friend.
But it was fun. :)
And we got a popcorn sized bucket of fries. Who can complain about that?! It might have been worth the lift ride. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?