Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nothing of Substance

I don't really post anything interesting about my life on this blog anymore. Mostly just cooking adventures and photography adventures.

Oh wait. That IS my life lately =P

Anyhow, yeah...this post has really nothing to say either. I am just waiting for Andrew to finish his reading for class so we can go to bed. I'm beat. I woke up feeling gross today so I skipped most of my classes. Actually, all my classes except for photography because who skips photography?

Speaking of photography, I've only got about 3 more weeks to get my portfolio together. My life is like a roller coaster of emotions. Some days I feel really confident and ready to take on the world, and other days I sink into this hole and wish I could cover myself with a rock because there is no way I'll ever get into the photo program. It's fun. Lemme tell ya.

This last weekend was more of a hole and a rock weekend, but it got better on Sunday when the weather was nice enough for Andrew and I to take a walk. And Monday I was back to being able to take on the world. I showed my teacher my portfolio and he especially liked 5 of the pictures and was on the fence about 2 or 3 of them. That means I just need 2 or 3 more solid photos and I should be ready to submit. *crosses fingers* I'm not gonna think about that right now though because I can feel myself sinking back into my hole and I have midterms to focus on right now anyhow.

Man, this month is gonna be rough. But here are the pictures I submitted for my latest assignment. I originally liked the warmer photo but I think now I like the more balanced photo due to the complementary colors in it. I should have had Ali sit really still though, since it was a longer exposure. Whoops.

I spent an entire hour setting up the shot and paying strict attention to the rule of thirds and then you know what? I ended up cropping the whole image down in lightroom, big time. =P Oh well.

Speaking of lightroom. Lightroom 4 just came out! just in time too, because my trial for 3.6 just ran out! =P Yep, still living from trial to trial. But, as soon as finances clear up, we're actually going to buy lightroom! Buy it! I'm as giddy as a school girl just thinking about it!

And with the new iPad out, I can get an iPad2 for only 399 now! Granted that screen on the new iPad ALMOST makes it worth the extra 100 dollars but...

Ha. Yeah right, I talk like I'm actually getting an iPad. =P

Anyhow, here are those pictures.



Oh, and here is a re-edit of a picture that I took a long time ago. We had to do a black and white for class, so this is what I did. It's so going into my portfolio.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?