Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vacation Part 2

Ok, I finally am getting around to vacation part 2. I've been pretty busy with school and everything and it was only the threat of my Lightroom trial expiring that got me to sit down and edit all the pictures/convert them to jpegs.

So, here they are. Beautiful Washington where someday I'm going to live. It's already decided, even if Andrew gets a job in Texas I'm still going to manage to live there somehow. I'll settle for Oregon too I guess. And while we're planning my future, it's going to be in the pretty part of Washington/Oregon...not the ugly rain shadow part.

Anyhow, so this is our hike to Snow Lake and Bench Lake. It was a wonderful hike, even if all 700 feet of elevation gain came in the last 1/4 mile and the biting flies wanted to eat us alive. Even then, we managed to stand still enough for some semblance of a family picture.

And by the way, on most of these pictures, I didn't do any editing except some cropping. And also, some desaturation because seriously...it was THAT green.







Don't you just want to drink that water? I bet it tasted amazing...but we had no water filter with us and didn't want to ruin our vacation so...




Yeah...and I desaturated this picture too. That is SERIOUSLY what it looked like.


This is what it looked like if I didn't have my polarized filter turned the right way, but even then isn't it gorgeous!?


I like to take pictures of Andrew's back, clearly. =P


2 comments:

  1. What? That green? No way! :P Just kidding, it's pretty sad and brown here in AZ. I have been reading the updates, just acting more stalkerish. By the way, I realized that you haven't posted much about food in awhile and HAD to bring it up haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's pretty much why we never go to Arizona. That and we're poor and usually Andrew's parents have paid for us to go up to WA. =P As for the food, don't worry, it is coming. I haven't posted anything because our house was so hot that I didn't want to turn on the stove. It's nice and cool now :)

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?