Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vacation Part 3

Finally wrapping up the vacation posts. Only it's now been so long that I can't really remember choronologically what happened.

We stayed at a church owned property in Washington called "Zion's camp". The highlight of the whole weekend was the lake that they have there. We spent a lot of time playing in the lake, pushing each other off the docks, pushing each other off the paddle boards, racing canoes, and that's pretty much it. No pictures of the lake because my camera is not waterproof.

The younger kids got to hit pinatas...but I guess when you're married you get excluded from that. I don't mind, it was more fun to watch anyway.

There was much Nutella consumed over the weekend, along with chips, salsa, candy, cookies, cookie dough, and other snacks. Most of the time we were snacking and talking and playing canasta. When we weren't in the lake anyhow.

We also went to the beach one day but since it was the Puget Sound, we hunted for shells and didn't go in the water (unlike that one time on my honeymoon when I wore snowboots with my bathing suit down to the water). I found a snail and Andrew found a dragonfly. Then we went back to the camp so we could swim. =P

Let's see, what else. Oh yeah, my sister got her mission call while we were up there. The Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk mission. That was months ago and she's leaving in November so pretty much everyone who reads this already knows. I'm still trying to reconcile myself to the fact that it is not Tokyo, Japan...even though she never studied Japanese, but I can still hope that my sister goes to the best mission in the world. =P

After the reunion, Andrew and I headed out to Seattle with a VERY full car. We had to stop at the international district to grab some Japanese groceries and to get Boba. Seattle is the only place I've been able to get Almond boba to date and it also happens to be the best boba I've had (and I've had a lot of the stuff). After Seattle we finally headed home. We had intended to leave no later than noon; we left at 2. That means it was 3 Utah time. Whoops.

We didn't sleep in the car either because it was so stuffed full, we couldn't recline the seats. It made sleeping hard. We grabbed dinner in Boise at 10:30 and would have gotten a hotel room but we had work the next day. We soldiered on.

Just before we the Idaho border, we decided to pull out at a rest stop and well, rest. We laid our sleeping pads out on TOP of all our stuff and slept with our feet dangling over the front seats and 4 inches of room between us and the roof of the car. I would have taken pictures of the hilarious scene...but it was 1 in the morning and we fell straight to sleep. We woke up around 3 and started the last part of our journey home. We got back at 6:30 am, I emailed my boss and said I wasn't coming in til noon, and we went to sleep without unpacking the car.

So ended vacation. :)

Washington blackberries! They weren't ripe :( I ate them anyways. =P


Andrew and Alex playing horseshoes

playing on the swings. This swing made me ill. =P



Sandy wanted to go home with us.

Best. Boba. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?