Monday, November 26, 2012

Hiding

Christmas tree is gotted. More on that another time. I'm so stressed out right now I can barely breathe. Last night I nearly threw up from all the stress and then proceeded to have a very fitful night of sleep.

Thanksgiving REALLY should be on the third Thursday of November because it is an altogether more convenient date for BYU students who are deprived of fall breaks unlike UVU students and it seems pretty much all the other students ever. My reasoning being that by the week before Thanksgiving, I'm so ready for a break that I don't do ANYTHING. Then when we come back from Thanksgiving, we have 2 weeks to frantically meet all our deadlines.

Apparently FDR made Thanksgiving the 3rd Thursday once upon a time. While I generally dislike FDR and think he ruined my life, I can appreciate his efforts on this. Unfortunately no one else did and so, here I am, in the 2 week dash.

Normally its not so bad. Even when I had to do final art projects that involved billions of paint chips and a stolen childhood I wasn't this stressed out.

I'm mostly stressed out because of my writing class. It has been the most MISERABLE class of my college career, and that includes Calculus. I might hate math, but at least it's not arbitrary like writing. At least in math, there is only one right answer, even if I can never seem to arrive at that answer.

My final paper is due on Wednesday and I have no idea how to write it.

The sad part is, I don't even have to get a good grade on this paper. I could get a D and still get minimum passing for the class. Yet I'm convinced that if I relax, I'll get an F and have to retake the class. Mathematically, it's almost impossible for me to fail so badly that I have to retake the class. Then again we've already established that math is not my strong point. No matter how unlikely failure may be, my brain has convinced me that I will fail this class if I am not as stressed out as I am.

No class is worth this. I'm going into hiding until finals are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?