But I guess if things were done that way, I would have been sick on Thanksgiving and that would be no bueno.
Andrew and I kinda had Thanksgiving early anyways. And by "had Thanksgiving early" I clearly mean we took advantage of Thanksgiving sales and bought a bottle of sparkling apple cider on Saturday night. I love sparkling apple cider. :) It was delicious and also made quite the dangerous science experiment.
We opened it, and then left it on the counter all night. When I decided last night that I wanted some, I had a hard time getting the lid off. I put all my weight into it and (luckily) just as I moved my face away from the opening, the top shot completely off, bounced of the ceiling, hit me in the head, and finally came to rest on the ground. I should have seen that coming, glad it didn't shoot my eye out. (No intended reference to A Christmas Story).
Turns out, our bottle of apple cider was fermenting all night and day. As it fermented (and turned into alcohol) it released carbon dioxide which was kept all bottled up. That bottle was under a lot of pressure! =P
And yes...we still drank it. Maybe someday when I have the kids I'm terrified of having, we'll buy some bottles of apple cider and leave them out and then go shoot the bottle caps across the yard. Yep, that sounds safe.
Turns out, our bottle of apple cider was fermenting all night and day. As it fermented (and turned into alcohol) it released carbon dioxide which was kept all bottled up. That bottle was under a lot of pressure! =P
And yes...we still drank it. Maybe someday when I have the kids I'm terrified of having, we'll buy some bottles of apple cider and leave them out and then go shoot the bottle caps across the yard. Yep, that sounds safe.
On a happier note, I saw Brave last night. I've been wanting to see it, but based solely on price, I cannot justify seeing an animated movie in theaters. (Which means I probably won't be seeing Wreck It Ralph anytime soon...)
I thought it was pretty good. I know a lot of critics ripped into it as a Pixar movie but I didn't notice that it was sub-par on a Pixar level. It wasn't my FAVORITE, but it was still fun and had a solid story line. I thought the characters were flat but it wasn't awful.
And I wish I had Merida's hair.
And also, I love kettle corn.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?