I don't have room in my freezer for a box of edamame. It really makes me sad. I'm also really craving tortellini right now, but we can't afford groceries until next paycheck. Why do I always get cravings AFTER I go grocery shopping? Does anyone else have this problem? I make a menu, I shop for it, and then all of a sudden the menu doesn't sound good anymore. It's pretty much super lame.
Anyhow, in other news, Andrew and I got our Christmas tree permit on Friday! We got up at 3 to be sure we'd get a permit. They only hand out a certain number and Uintah-Wasatch-Cache National Forest ALWAYS sells out the first weekend. Last year we got there at like 5 and we were one of the last people in line. This year we got there at 4 and were some of the first people in line. :) So now we can afford to have a Christmas tree this year! Good thing too...because we're gonna be in Provo again. Andrew's stupid work won't let him off at ALL. We finally got 3 weeks for Christmas Break and we can't even leave Provo. Lame.
Also this weekend, Andrew and I went to see "South Pacific" at the Hale Center Theater. We bought the tickets back in the summer when we could pretend that we had money, so it was nice during this time of no moneys to be able to actually go out and do something. The play itself was great, as all Hale productions are. I've never seen "South Pacific" before but I seem to recall my mom saying it wasn't her favorite. After seeing it I have to say I agree. The songs weren't nearly as catchy as "Oklahoma!" or other Rogers and Hammerstein classics, and I didn't care so much for the story. But it was still really fun to go, and Andrew really likes the play and enjoyed himself as well. I wish we could go see more live performances. I should probably start taking better advantage of living so close to campus. I think they're doing Mozart's Cosi Fan Tutte this semester. If I haven't already missed it, maybe I should go check it out. One should try opera at least once in their life, right?
In other news, I was looking at grade requirements the other day and discovered happily, that a D- is still passing unless otherwise indicated. That means I can get a D- in my writing class and still get through it. Talk about my motivation to try gone out the window. =P Now it's a REALLY good thing we don't have Minecraft.
4 more weeks of school! :)
Everyone should try opera as long as it's not The Book of Gold....epic fail.
ReplyDeletelol! I remember that. =P As it turns out that "opera" will probably end up being "phantom of the opera" so I think we're safe. Thanks for the warning though =P
Delete