I can't REALLY, truly tell if pregnancy is finally catching up to me or if its just midterms, but I am exhausted. My family came to visit last week, which also happened to coincide with midterms (which for some reason are always scheduled right around conference, like BYU has no interest in our spiritual education). So I ended up staying up late many nights just to be able to visit with my mom and dad.
Midterms are over, thank goodness, and come Thursday I THINK I'll have time to breathe. I finished my last tests on Tuesday and then had my pre-natal class from 6:30 to 9:30. Tonight I have mutual until 8:30 and then I SWEAR it's straight to bed. I'm very, very tired. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in on Saturday.
We didn't really go on any dates this weekend because my family was in town and we had to squeeze every free moment we had for all it was worth. Andrew and I did go to our mission reunion, which was very small this year because I guess everyone got old and graduated and moved away. :( I'm afraid this might have been our last reunion for a while as well, depending on where Andrew gets a job/goes to school.
I did discover a hilarious magazine at BYU though. Who here knew BYU had a dating magazine? I didn't. It might be new. I found it hidden away in a magazine rack in the SWKT. I picked it up because it had a huge list of date ideas (or so it said). Unfortunately the date ideas weren't really anything I hadn't thought of already but there were coupons for the BYU creamery in there so it was worth picking up. That and all the hilarious articles about how to ask people on dates, what girls and guys are thinking, and my favorite, a tutorial for guys on how to clean their apartments. Poor guys, I know some guys fit the bill but I don't think we can REALLY say they are messier than girls or even total slobs. Andrew is MUCH tidier than I am.
My absolute favorite part of that article though was the suggestion that if your couch has a rip or tear in it, cover it with a blanket to hide it. I'm not sure there are many girls in Provo that would walk into a guy's apartment and care if there was a tear in their couch because I've been in many Provo apartments, ALL the couches are old and crappy. Any girl who judges a guy on that, isn't worth his time anyhow. =P
At any rate, the magazine made me laugh.
Speaking of dates and ideas, I'm sure at some point or another all of us has looked for ideas on the internet. Pinterest is full of "dating ideas" lists. Does anyone find these helpful? It seems to me that they all have the same ideas and some of the ideas don't even sound like dates to me. Or they seem like WAY too much effort. Am I just picky or lazy? Eventually I'm going to have to stop calling catching up on Legend of Korra a date.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?