Growing up, I always thought "Labor day! No School! Relax!"
No.
I'm going to spend my day laboring. Not that...you could really call it laboring I guess...
I have 2 art projects I need to work on. One, I'm technically finished with. I had to do gesture drawing for 3 hours. I'm pretty sure I've done at least 4 hours...but that's what worries me. My teacher says the project should fill up our newsprint pads (50 24x36" sheets) and I haven't even filled half of the pad. I feel like maybe I'm doing the drawings wrong...they're not the messiest gesture drawings...nor the most lacking in detail. And they take me about 5-8 minutes each! I think they're only supposed to take 2 minutes each. But still, at 2 minutes each and about 3-4 drawings per sheet the math comes out to over 3 hours.
And I'm running out of interesting things to draw. One can only draw so many pictures of their husband before they look like creepers. And my living room isn't interesting enough to draw more than once...and will I even get credit for drawing the guitar hero guitar?!
I could watch a movie and draw characters from the movie but my teacher says if we do that, to watch an action movie. Guess Pride and Prejudice doesn't cut it...which is too bad because I am not feeling I-Robot.
I've gone outside to draw too...but my street looks the same and I've frustrated myself enough trying to draw the neighbors car. =P
That project has been put aside now though. I have a 2d assignment due on Tuesday. It always seems hard when I think about it but its mostly intuitive. The hard part is going to be the colors. Colors are not intuitive to me. So I think I have all the colors arranged (I didn't have to CHOOSE them thank goodness...we had color combo samples to choose from) but now I have to buy the paints to color them with.
Yeah. Paint. Paint and I are not really friends...but this time I'm just buying craft paints so I just have to color match, not color mix. And then I'm just filling in abstract shapes...not blending or shading or anything silly like I had to do in my color class. Plus...it'll be SLIGHTLY cheaper than the acrylics we had to buy for my last color class. Oh my stars art is expensive.
Luckily though I haven't had to spend money on books at all so it evens out. It kills when you have to buy books AND art supplies.
In other news I am a little bit sad. Growing up is hard...cuz your friends live far away. I mean, I have friends here. But one of my best friends in the whole world...actually she's practically my sister (no..seriously, we have the same last name) seems fated to always live so far away from me. She's been in Taiwan for the last year and just came back this summer but she's been in Idaho. When she was down here visiting, I was in Seattle and now...she's gotten a job in Boston.
I guess now would be a bad time to ask her to come visit me for my birthday. =P
Boston is closer than Taiwan though...I guess I'll just have to plan a trip to Boston.
In other other news, I finished The Bee Keeper's Apprentice. Great book. Love Sherlock Holmes. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?