So my projects are going along nicely. Not too stressed out. I spent all day Friday doing my drawing projects. A value drawing, while the easiest thing for me to do, still takes hours to get right and makes your hand cramp up (especially if there are a lot of dark areas).
I finished it and took it outside to spray it with fixative (that makes it so the graphite doesn't smear).
I should perhaps pause and explain to you exactly what this project was. It was a value drawing of a photocopied measuring tape. The paper was 22x30 inches but the actual drawing was only supposed to be 8x10 inches. So in the middle of this huge paper is a little drawing with a beautiful white border.
22x30 inches isn't exactly small, right? Well, I put it out on my porch to spray it with the fixative (fixative is like spray paint...so you can't use it indoors unless you wanna die). My porch, if you take away the space used up by the bags of potting mix, is about 22x30 inches.
Now, I understand that its dark...but the porch light was on and the paper is HUGE! So imagine my surprise when I went out to collect my drawing...and found female foot prints all over the white border!!!
Not only that...but there were no notes on my door, nothing in the mailbox, and no one had knocked.
SO WHY WERE THEY THERE!?!?! What idiot decided it was a good idea to walk up on my porch for no reason and get their dirty little footprints all over my artwork!?!
And like I said...its not like its some tiny piece of paper that you don't see until you're standing on it and then think "oops, there was a paper here".
And before you ask, it could not have been me because I was wearing fleece slippers with no tread. The footprints clearly belonged to someone wearing shoes...Toms by the look of it.
Anyhow, lucky for everyone involved, an eraser removed all traces of dirt so we're all ok. But seriously, what is wrong with them???
In other news, my friend Kaylynne is the best ever. She dropped by while she was in Provo on Saturday and brought us a pre-made dinner. She knows that Andrew and I are super busy and so she brought us a frozen dinner to ease the stress (and the wallet) on some much needed night this week. I can tell you, I'm loads less stressed already, knowing that if things get to crazy, I don't have to eat at Del Taco again. :)
In other other news, Andrew and I went to the Mystery Murder Dinner that BYU was doing this last Saturday. It was really fun, even though I'm not much of a personality for those type of things. (Everytime I had to interact with a cast member, I would defer to Andrew...but then again I was supposed to be a visiting dignitary from Japan so...isn't it in character for me to defer to my husband? =P)
It was still really fun and Andrew liked it a lot too. He says next time there is one we should go. I think he'll be all for throwing our own as well...someday...when we have time.
Honestly my favorite part was dressing up. I won't lie...sometimes I wish I moved with a crowd that did sophisticated things like wine tastings, intimate cocktail parties and dinner parties. That's probably one of the reasons I like Jane Austen Novels so much...I love periods of (classy) social dining and dancing. :) (The only downside I can find to that time period...is that it wasn't proper to sit next to your husband...not cool).
Well now that you know my non-mormon fantasies...go ahead and judge me. Its ok, I did my Christian duty and forgave the Toms wearing perpetrator that invaded my front porch, I'm good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?