Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A National Disaster

It has come to my attention that a travesty has occurred in our country.

I CAN'T FIND FULL FAT YOGURT ANYWHERE!!!!

Seriously. What is with that?!

I hate America. Go control yourselves so that those of us who aren't obese can still eat the things we like. (Yes, I'm still hurting over the loss of super-size fries. Yes, I could order 2 large fries...but I'm American, so I'm lazy).

But really, I can't make proper indian food without full fat yogurt. Do you know what happens when you put low fat yogurt into curry? It curdles!

How do you get that perfectly creamy texture? You use full fat yogurt, that's how.

So I cannot make proper ethnic foods which creates a decline in the "melting pot" that America prides itself on being.

The first candidate who can get me full fat yogurt, Republican or Democrat, gets my vote. (And I'm registered to vote now).

Ready go!

Also, if anyone else locates it at a grocery store in the Provo/Orem area, PLEASE let me know. Thank you. :)


5 comments:

  1. Have you tried any of the ethnic stores??

    Also...DID YOU KNOW THEY MAKE LACTOSE FREE YOGURT NOW!?!?!

    ...Although it's kind of unnecessary since probiotics tend to negate any of the side effects of lactose intolerance that one might experience as a result of eating yogurt...but it's interesting.


    ...I'm not sure what they used to replace the lactose tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, yogurt is the best thing that ever happened to my lactose intolerant self. It is where I get my daily dose of calcium (sometimes 10 daily doses because I love it so much)

      yeah lactose free yogurt just seems pointless.

      Delete
    2. oh and also, given that I have combed the aisles of every ethnic store in happy valley (all 2 of them) I can assure you that they do not have full fat yogurt...or yogurt at all for that matter.

      Delete
  2. That's weird.


    ...OH! Have you tried any of the health food stores like Sunflower or Natural Earth or Whole Foods?? They might have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Kaylynne think about what you just said. HEALTH food stores? Those are the LAST place you would find FULL fat yogurt. Sunflower doesn't even sell whole milk! =P

      The reason I cannot find full fat yogurt is because America's new "health awareness" tells everyone that fat=evil. So there is only reduced fat and fat free yogurt at the grocery stores.

      But yes, I did think about that, until I realized the folly of the idea.

      And the nearest Whole Foods is in SLC, which we currently can't get to because our clutch will go out. *Sigh* first world problems.

      What I need is a gourmet supermarket. A specialty store that caters to chefs and well, food snobs, who believe that flavor is more important than "health"

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?