When I was a child, about 4th grade or so, I lied to my mother and told her I needed glasses because I had failed the eye test at school. Luckily for me, she took my word for it even though the school hadn't called and told her there was anything to be concerned about because as it turned out, I did need glasses.
I didn't think about it at the time obviously, but I'm very lucky that I did need glasses because that is kind of an expensive lie. =P
I thought I was the only one silly enough to lie about needing glasses, but apparently Andrew did that too. What a coincidence.
Granted, he did it for a different reason. He thought his parents wouldn't believe he needed glasses if his prescription wasn't strong enough so he actually lied in the eye exam and got stronger glasses. But all the time he knew he needed them.
I didn't know I needed them, but I lied anyway for vanity reasons. My friends had all just gotten glasses and I felt left out. =P
You two crack me up.
ReplyDelete