| Andrew and I made homemade potato chips. Being poor certainly does not mean we are wanting for junk food. =P These were amazing! |
| It was much cooler outside than it was in our house so we just pitched our tent and slept outside on Friday. We kinda startled our neighbors. =P Good thing they like us =P |
| I tried my hand at canning this last weekend. We used our camp stove so that it wouldn't make our house hot. That and well, with the jam on the stove, there was no room for the canner. |
In other exciting news, one of my best friends is getting married in August. She's been living in Boston but had her bridal shower out here on Friday. I don't generally like bridal showers (I didn't really even care for mine but felt obligated) but this was seriously the best bridal shower I've ever been to! We didn't play any of the typical games you play at bridal showers. We played scrabble! We just got extra points for wedding and love related words. (I didn't manage any of those cuz I suck at scrabble). Also, since she's marrying a Jewish convert to the church, we had a bunch of Yiddish words we had to guess the meaning to for one game. Again...I sucked. =P
Finally, for our last game, we played a "worst case scenario" kind of game. This was hilarious. For example, what would the bride do if the bass from the music on the playlist awakened a colony of killer bees that were hiding in the bouquet and they started attacking everyone?" And other ridiculous scenarios.
I really had so much fun! I was pleasantly surprised to find that I felt very comfortable even though I didn't know anyone there except the bride. Her family is very affable and I felt like I fit right in. It helped that they kept joking that I was "practically family" since I married a Powell. (the bride's maiden name is Powell).
Oh I missed her.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?