Some days, I'm an amazing cook. Those are the days that I post about my cooking adventures. But lest there be a poor soul out there who is comparing themselves to little ol' me, let me illustrate how cooking usually goes.
One day, a few weeks ago. I really wanted an ice cream cone. I walk past Sugar and Spice in the Cougareat every week and smell the waffle cones. I'm really tempted to just ask if I can buy a cone with no ice cream seriously. So I thought, "well, I don't have a waffle cone maker, but I don't NEED that do I?" So I set about trying to make waffle cones like crepes in a frying pan. I mean, who cares what they LOOK like. They don't NEED that waffle pattern. Turns out, that doesn't work. At all. So I thought, how about the oven? I make fortune cookies in the oven and they are kind of the same thing.
No. They're not.
You can probably imagine how this whole thing turned out so I'll just let you keep imagining. Needless to say, I bought ice cream cones at the store the next day.
4th of July.
This was NOT my cooking day.
I had to make a blueberry pie and lemon bars. I had just put the lemon bars into the oven and I licked the spoon as I was putting the bowl in the sink. The batter was awfully sweet. Maybe that was because I had just made lemon bars WITH NO LEMON!
I managed to save them by pouring the lemon juice in and scrambling it all with a fork. Phew.
Then came the blueberry pie. I guess since I forgot the lemon for the lemon bars, I had to compensate for something. I put 3 times the amount on lemon required into the pie. Good thing lemon tastes good with pretty much everything. =P
Then there was that time I made mexican rice. Did I ever tell you about that? Oh boy. I will probably never make mexican rice again....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?