Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trapped No More

Zippy, our car, has gone to the doctor this morning. He is getting his clutch replaced. :)

This has been a problem coming since December when we first found out about it during a routine oil change. The shop gave us about 3 months before the clutch failed completely but luckily, Zippy is still going. We were sure to drive carefully and not take too many trips out of Provo (read: we were trapped in happy valley which, incidentally is not that happy when you cannot leave.) Unfortunately, as of late, we have experienced a great deal of slippage in the clutch and he just can't go up hills the way he used to. Given that we have a trip to Washington coming up, it was time to cough up the money to take Zippy to the doctor.

Andrew dropped him off this morning before work (got a ride from our home teacher to work) and by this afternoon Zippy should be good as new!

Then I shall have to practice driving because the last time I had the clutch in my car replaced, I couldn't drive it worth a darn for like a week! =P

In other completely unrelated news. I have about 13 pounds of plumcots sitting in my fridge, waiting to be made into jam and canned. I really didn't think this through when I volunteered to take on the task. I've never canned before, and I'm not even sure if I can get around to it before they spoil as I have a bridal shower to go to Friday night and they've already been in my fridge near a week now.

If I assigned a hashtag to this it would be #justalittlebitoverwhelmed

And on that note, maybe having a twitter would be good for me. You know. For practicing writing concisely. =P

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a new clutch! They can be pricey though.. We replaced the clutch in Tim's car earlier this year. I read back through some older posts, and I'm sure that Tim would say that you should EAT the otter pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You can assure Tim that Andrew does eat them. We probably have like 400 of them in our freezer. He eats them 2 or 3 at a time =P

      And yes, replacing the clutch is pricey. -_- That is the ultimate reason we did not do it in December and tried so hard to preserve it =P

      Delete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Cookies!?!?